Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 01:03 PM

15 posts, read 44,771 times

Advertisements

I am Mestiza ( which is a European and Peruvian mix) From what I knew.. My fam has ancestors from Spain like many other Latin Americans. My last name is a caceres which is a city in Spain that borders Portugal. My DNA results show.. 50% European ( 11% Irish, 16% Italian/Greek 20% Iberian Peninsula ( Spain/Portugal) 40% Native ( Im guessing this is of Peruvian Native) 10% consists of traces... 2% Finnsh/Russian, 3% Africa, 1% British etc) From what I know now about my family history.. all is accurate.. I just dont know How the Irish got in there.. as it is a more prominent amount than a trace region. Im reading on the Celts expanding to Iberian Peninsula and the trade with Spain. The Irish highlighted regions are ( Ireland , Scotland, Wales) but not Britain., since i Have only <1% British Dna. Im wondering if it could be a specific Celtic group that migrated to the Iberian Peninsula.

on another note,.. i have had dreams of Greece and Ireland since I was a child. I consider myself of Peruvian Heritage still.. but some of these dreams were quite impactful. For example.. i would have a lot of dreams of the old belief systems of those areas. The mythology and the struggles they faced. I'd see a lot of images I never knew about.. like marble pools and half men half goat ( symbolism).. or leprechauns and other mythological Irish symbols, as well as the celtic cross and pagan symbols.

Last edited by Elementalmichelle; 10-02-2014 at 01:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 01:28 PM

2,062 posts, read 2,550,619 times
It is nice to know your ancestry but can you trust the results to be accurate? I mean the results of the dna tests are only as good as the skill of the one doing the testing right? Also how much did it cost you if I may ask ?

About your dreams I think you should visit these places one of these days see how they make you feel in person. You know, people who believe in reincarnation will tell you that you are dreaming of your past lives in those countries.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:35 PM

Yes, very true.

But all was accurate.. only I am trying to understand how the Irish got in there.. through studying migrations. My dad said people ask him if hes Greek all the time.. from what we know his mothers liniage is Italian.. so there could be the Greek-Italian connection. My Grandfather on my mothers side has some English in him.. but I didnt know it could be Irish. So im just studying the best I can. Not many records are found in marriages between native people and europeans.. on my side.

Also, yes, very interesting about the reincarnation thoughts. I use to be a firm believer in reincarnation.. but now Im beginning to think what people can feel is their ancestral lineage or tap into ancestors memories.. I for example have seen myself in Egypt many times.. while meditating. And i dnt care or even like egypt at all. Could be even furthr back ancestral memories.

And so my current research is on Celts mirgations to Iberian Peninsula which would explain the results fairly well.

And yes, I went to Ireland only 1 month ago.. and just loved it. It actually looks a lot like South American areas.. as well as the homes. The land is alike, not the people. I found out my results.. a week after i returned from my trip.

here i am in Ireland..

Last edited by Elementalmichelle; 10-02-2014 at 02:38 PM..

Old 10-02-2014, 03:06 PM

oops.. made a mistake.. apparently meztiso is only applied to Mexican and European mix. I guess id be Peruvian mix. Not sure what the word would be for it.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:47 PM

2,661 posts, read 5,473,245 times
Hi Elementalmichelle - I commented in your other thread about Celts. You said your Grandfather has some English in him and this explains your Irish results. The Irish/British is quite difficult to differentiate despite what some of these companies say. Even Northern European is difficult to tease apart except for Finnish. It is always best to go with a paper trail and as you have British ancestry on your Grandfather's side this explains the result.

Old 10-03-2014, 05:47 PM

Thank you Ive been watching videos on the Celts and im almost certain this could be the group I descend from. But then i also know.. there were different Celts :/ The test specifically highlighted Ireland, Scotland, and Wales.. and not Britain..so I wonder about the group or tribe they are referring to.. since they wouldnt be from Britain.

Old 10-04-2014, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementalmichelle View Post
Thank you Ive been watching videos on the Celts and im almost certain this could be the group I descend from. But then i also know.. there were different Celts :/ The test specifically highlighted Ireland, Scotland, and Wales.. and not Britain..so I wonder about the group or tribe they are referring to.. since they wouldnt be from Britain.
Scotland and Wales are part of Britain. England also was Celtic before the Anglo-Saxons came.

Old 10-05-2014, 04:31 PM

Yes, I see. That's where Im confused tho.. i guess id have to get a membership from Ancestry to further do research on the group. Its odd to me that I had basically no British DNA and yet (Irish, Scottish,Wales) area in my dna.

Old 10-05-2014, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Yes, I see. That's where Im confused tho.. i guess id have to get a membership from Ancestry to further do research on the group. Its odd to me that I had basically no British DNA and yet (Irish, Scottish,Wales) area in my dna.
British is English, Welsh and Scottish. They are all part of Britain. Ireland can be included in the British Isles category.

Old 10-06-2014, 02:27 AM

14,611 posts, read 17,573,452 times
Quote:
My DNA results show.. 50% European ( 11% Irish, 16% Italian/Greek 20% Iberian Peninsula ( Spain/Portugal) 40% Native ( Im guessing this is of Peruvian Native) 10% consists of traces... 2% Finnsh/Russian, 3% Africa, 1% British etc)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._in_Europe.png

Well, the easiest way to get 11% Irish is to have a single great grandparent who was mostly Irish. That person may have been born about 100 years ago. Have you got any paper trail at all?

Frequently women moved great distances as they were provided as brides. Queen Elizabeth II is part Chinese because a Tang Emperor gave his daughter away in marriage to cement an alliance with a distant warlord. Since she has one of the best paper trails in the world, it is possible to trace the bloodline through dozens of generations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy