Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2016, 08:15 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,646,091 times

Advertisements

I think it's interesting to go back as far as possible (at least within ancestry and ftdna, 23andme sources, about 200,000 years ago) to see our origins in Africa before the split into Asia and Europe.

I can only do my mtDNA because I have no living relatives on my father's side, but my "Eve" originated in East Africa/Mozambique. That makes me want to learn more about Mozambique!

Also, what is your haplogroup? Mine (mtDNA) is H6.

I'm kind of new to this, so if it doesn't make sense, please correct me.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 08:51 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,889,678 times
I think Mozambique may be too far south.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...olduvai-gorge/

My father H6
Mine T2b-T16296c!
Daugher L2a1c

Last edited by AFP; 03-09-2016 at 09:02 PM..

Old 03-10-2016, 02:56 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,302,458 times
My Y DNA haplogroup is R1 -> U152 -> L2 (a few more SNPs down, have been Big Y tested).

U152 hotspots in Northern Italy and early on many jumped on the idea it was a Roman haplogroup (especially being found in England) due to the Italian hotspot and the fact it's found across Europe. Since then it's clear it's much older than that (about 4500 years old) and though certainly many Romans were U152 it's dispersion around Europe (and it small amounts in Britain) matches early celtic movements.

Further back it's root is R1b, the most common haplogroup in Western Europe from West Asia and East Africa very far back.

My mtDNA haplogroup is J1c8a, J1c is found at low though not too low levels across all Europe making it hard to pinpoint. Tracing back far enough it also goes through West Asia, the Middle East, and East Africa.

I do have at least two recent (within the last 300-400 years) Sub-Saharan African ancestors based on autosomal DNA results of relatives. I've found one ancestors that has had male descendants that have been Y DNA tested and match the most common sub-saharan haplogroup and among African Americans, so that ancestor was exported via the slave trade paternally somewhere.

He was E1b1a8.... Male descendants have been Big Y tested so have deeper SNPs discovered... the closest match (beyond some that relate within the last 400 years) is actually 1k genomes kit from The Gambia so it's possible the origin is around there (though 1 sample is hardly enough, unfortunatley there need to be more deep testing in Sub-Saharan Africa).

Not quite so far down the tree there are hotspots along the West African and Central African Coast (Cameroon specifically).

Old 03-10-2016, 04:13 PM

451 posts, read 1,323,727 times
My YDNA: O3a3a (per 23andMe) but it is now O2a2a1a1a (M159) per ISOGG 2016 Y-DNA Haplogroup O
My mtDNA: M7c3b (per 23andMe)but is now M7c1c2 (C146a, T16223C) per PhyloTree.org | tree | M7

Thus, they way I understand the migration path would be YDNA A (in East Africa) --> YDNA CF (somewhere in the Arabian Peninsula/Southwest Asia) --> YDNA F (somewhere in the Middle East/Central Asia) --> YDNA K (somewhere in Central Asia/India) --> YDNA NO (somewhere in Southeast Asia/Sundaland) --> YDNA O (Southeast Asia/Southern China) before migrating to Central China and Southeastern China (different subclades). In terms of deep ancestral origins in Africa- I do not how to pinpoint exactly except probably in East Africa. Any tips on how to find out?

While mtDNA M is supposed descendant from mtDNA L in Africa and took the southern coastal migration path of Asia.

Old 03-10-2016, 04:41 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,364,292 times
mtDNA: W5A1 (to West Europe via West Asia), but ultimately L3 from East Africa. My results are from the National Geographic Genographic project.

1.1% neanderthal.

It is fascinating to see this all set out in scientific data. I feel more connected to the rest of humanity in some way.

Old 03-10-2016, 06:36 PM
AFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Oldest Human Fossil Found, Redrawing Family Tree

My father H6
Mine T2b-T16296c!
Daugher L2a1c
My Y-DNA Haplogroup is J-M319

Old 03-10-2016, 11:57 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,646,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Oldest Human Fossil Found, Redrawing Family Tree

My father H6
Mine T2b-T16296c!
Daugher L2a1c
You're right! I don't know where I got Mozambique -- my "Eve" looks like it's on the border of Kenya and Ethiopia (if you can tell from this thumbnail; it wouldn't let me upload anything larger).

My mtDNA Haplogroup is H6a1b2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twnxn View Post
My YDNA: O3a3a (per 23andMe) but it is now O2a2a1a1a (M159) per ISOGG 2016 Y-DNA Haplogroup O
My mtDNA: M7c3b (per 23andMe)but is now M7c1c2 (C146a, T16223C) per PhyloTree.org | tree | M7

Thus, they way I understand the migration path would be YDNA A (in East Africa) --> YDNA CF (somewhere in the Arabian Peninsula/Southwest Asia) --> YDNA F (somewhere in the Middle East/Central Asia) --> YDNA K (somewhere in Central Asia/India) --> YDNA NO (somewhere in Southeast Asia/Sundaland) --> YDNA O (Southeast Asia/Southern China) before migrating to Central China and Southeastern China (different subclades). In terms of deep ancestral origins in Africa- I do not how to pinpoint exactly except probably in East Africa. Any tips on how to find out?

While mtDNA M is supposed descendant from mtDNA L in Africa and took the southern coastal migration path of Asia.
I looked at the migration map that came with my FTDNA results, and it shows me exactly where "EVE" began. I don't recall seeing those charts with my DNA results on Ancestry.
Attached Thumbnails
Non-Africans: Where in Africa did you originate?-mt_migrationmapafrica.jpg  

Old 03-11-2016, 07:45 AM
AFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
You're right! I don't know where I got Mozambique -- my "Eve" looks like it's on the border of Kenya and Ethiopia (if you can tell from this thumbnail; it wouldn't let me upload anything larger).

My mtDNA Haplogroup is H6a1b2.

I looked at the migration map that came with my FTDNA results, and it shows me exactly where "EVE" began. I don't recall seeing those charts with my DNA results on Ancestry.

There is only one mitochondrial Eve which we all share.

The map is conjecture it isn't certain where mitochondrial eve lived but Ethiopia is a more likely candidate. The Omo remains are a very significant clue. MtDNA eve is estimated to have lived 200,000 YBP.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omo_remains

Old 03-11-2016, 09:53 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,386,107 times
the out of Africa, was a theory that all came from africa, now there is another theory that has some pretty good facts behind it that the white causcassion mix was never in africa. That the asian, native american, causcassion groupd started in east asia and the siberian area.

Old 03-11-2016, 10:00 AM
AFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
the out of Africa, was a theory that all came from africa, now there is another theory that has some pretty good facts behind it that the white causcassion mix was never in africa. That the asian, native american, causcassion groupd started in east asia and the siberian area.

It isn't simply a theory there is a mountain of evidence that supports the "out of Africa theory". Post a link with evidence for this theory you mention. If you have some academic studies with facts even better. If you have any studies that contain evidence that refute the out of Africa theory to post I'd like to see them as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy