Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2011, 08:20 AM

351 posts, read 667,019 times

Advertisements

In California I had some good neighbors most of the time but out here in Phoenix and other places I've been the neighbors are not so good. Right now we have barking dogs and loud people on both sides and we live in a good neighborhood which doesn’t mean anything. You can have bad neighbors in a million dollar housing development. I sold my house over a year ago and I know anywhere I move to I am going to have bad neighbors so I thought that I can go to AR and get a place with an acre or two with my neighbors a little far away and that might work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 10:04 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,296,774 times
You'll need more than an acre or two. Find a place that sits way back off of the main road, and has a buffer zone of acreage all around it. For some, constant noise and chaos is a way of life, and they can't understand why anyone complains about it.

Old 06-19-2011, 10:07 AM

593 posts, read 1,795,289 times
I moved from California last Nov. and I had great neighbors in almost every neighborhood I've ever lived. I haven't met any neighbors here as most of them don't seem interested in mingling...I thought moving to Oklahoma I wouldn't have that problem. I've had some lonely days since moving here and I hope once we find a church, I'll start making friends...

Old 06-19-2011, 10:26 AM

1,533 posts, read 1,592,080 times
Sometimes you have to be a good neighbor to have good neighbors. We started a tradition the first year we moved into our house 16 years ago. For Halloween we invited all the neighbors for a pot luck on the driveway so we could get to know each other and still hand out candy to the kids. It was a brand new neighborhood at the time, so I am sure it helped that nobody knew anybody else. We've had our driveway party every year and everyone is welcome. We've had lots of faces come and go, so good neighbors and some we really wish would move away! But it does give us a chance to talk about that barking dog, kids driving too fast down the street, weeds in the yards, etc.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:01 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
When we moved into our house (of course we're not in AZ), I started waving at the neighbors as they drove by, on the first day. We live about halfway down a dead end road that's a little over a mile. After a while, if I'm outside and doing something where I can't stop and wave, the people will honk and wave as they go by. Like Pam said, you have to be a good neighbor to have good neighbors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues