Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2014, 06:57 PM

18 posts, read 18,449 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,
I graduate with my bachelor's degree in the spring (May 2015) and would like to relocate from St.Louis,Mo. It will only be myself and four year old daughter. I narrowed my choices down to Atlanta, Indianapolis, Columbus OH, or Cleveland. I'm currently not working so I can finish up my degree(which is in Criminal Justice). I would like to find out from everyone if there's any opinions moving to one of these cities and the best areas to stay in with a child. Also, when would be a good time to start applying for jobs and finding an apartment?I'm prior military so I'm use to being around a new area. Any information is helpful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2014, 07:21 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,510,727 times
You should start applying to the "new graduate" programs at a bunch of the large companies. If you get hired, you can move to whichever city you find the job.

In general, you should begin applying for jobs asap. Many companies will do its college graduate hiring months in advance of graduation. Let the job lead you to where you'll live.

Old 08-31-2014, 07:24 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,472,115 times
You might like Nashville, TN. It is a great city and very under rated. Super friendly locals and the local economy is pretty good for most fields.Criminal Justice is a tough field to break into anywhere thou. Nashville is my fav city in the South or Midwest. I like Chicago and Atlanta both great cities but the cost of living is extremely high and the traffic is horrible in both cities. Atlanta is a great city but its becoming over populated and hard to get a job in. Lot of my family moved to Atlanta and they love it thou.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues