Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2007, 04:18 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,089,952 times

Advertisements

We're moving long-distance in 2 weeks. We have a 36" TV; it's perhaps 18" front to back. How do we pack it? We just bought it a few years ago so I am afraid it will break. I have no idea what to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2007, 04:30 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,716,727 times
When I moved I had the movers deal with it, but here is how they did it...

They wrapped it in blankets then just bubble wrapped it and sealed it with tape. I know you can buy that bubble wrap stuff from U-Haul and self storage places for around 9 dollars.

Old 07-15-2007, 04:48 PM

718 posts, read 2,360,886 times
We just moved from TN to TX and moved 4 tvs in the process. For the kids tv's we bought some tv boxes from uhaul. Just used bubble wrap before putting in the box. For ours,a 36" huge, heavy tv, we wrapped in bubble wrap and then wrapped it in a good moving pad. Just place it strategically in the moving truck, it should be fine!

Old 07-16-2007, 12:15 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times
Thumbs up finding a box, or wrapping it with a blanket

Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
We're moving long-distance in 2 weeks. We have a 36" TV; it's perhaps 18" front to back. How do we pack it? We just bought it a few years ago so I am afraid it will break. I have no idea what to do.
If you want to pack the TV inside a box you may want to check with one of your local dealers who sell them. They may have an empty box that you could get for this purpose of packing yours. Also they might have some extra packing material that one of their TV sets had come in that they could also give you. Won’t hurt to ask them for it and if they don’t have it now, they may be able to save it from one of their next sales and setup calls that they make.

Some HD screens must be vertical at all times and not on their sides. If you can’t get a large box, you do want to use a lot of packing material and wrap it well with it. Moving blankets would be best to use after you place some protective cardboard over the screen to help protect it. When it’s loaded into the truck you might also be able to put it (screen facing) a mattress to help protect it from other items in the truck.

Old 07-16-2007, 01:10 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,432,957 times
We just moved, AGAIN, and this is how we did it.
We had to transport 3 tv's, and moved ourselves.
Advice: TON'S and TON'S of bubblewrap wrapped around each of them, secured with tape.
We placed/ wrapped blankets around each and every one, placed them upright, in between our mattresses, and ON TOP of rubber mats, to absorb shock.
If they would have banged into anything, it would have been the fluffy mattresses.
We drove all the way from Florida to Pennsylvania, and BACK AGAIN.....doing that trip TWICE within 2 months, and all of our tv's are fine and without scratches or dents.
I guess, we were doing something right....lol.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:23 PM

273 posts, read 249,246 times
Great advice. Thanks

Old 04-17-2008, 12:38 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,489,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
I'm moving 1,500 miles in two weeks and nervous about my computer and tv's! Thanks for the thread though gave me some ideas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues