Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2008, 06:38 AM

273 posts, read 1,755,424 times

Advertisements

I'm using ABF U-pack cubes (pods) for moving. For anybody that has used them, how did the delivery scheduling work? Did they just show up at whatever time? Did you get a phone call first to let you know when they would be arriving? I need to hire some guys to help me unload, but I don't want to be sitting around all day waiting for ABF to show up - and paying the guys for sitting around! I scheduled my move online, and I paid extra for a guaranteed date, but no specific time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 09:59 AM

294 posts, read 1,086,746 times
Hi, I ordered mine via telephone and i got a window from 8-12 noon, you can narrow it down if you pay extra, but what i would suggest is calling them and arranging a window for them to drop them off, and then shedule your moving guys for atleast an hour after the drop of time. Hope this helps.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:15 PM

23 posts, read 109,383 times
I just used a relocube this past Tuesday to move from Atlanta (Sandy Springs) to Austin. My window was 8-12 p.m. I was hoping they would arrive earlier, but figured I should plan for the worst case scenario. I scheduled the loaders to arrive at 12. In speaking with them, they knew my situation (I was leaving town immediately after the relocube was loaded and my condo vacuumed) and were willing to be flexible and arrive within an hour of me calling to let them know the relocube had arrived.

As it turned out, ABF didn't get there until 11:35 and by the time they unloaded it the loaders showed up. I was soooo glad I hired professionals because there is NO WAY I could've gotten all of my stuff in there. Be forewarned... the relocubes are MUCH smaller in person than they look online. Let me know if you'd like the contact info for the loading service I used.

Good luck with the move! I'm in Austin now but still recovering.

Old 04-25-2008, 12:54 PM

273 posts, read 1,755,424 times
I called and got a two-hour window. It was $75 extra for a two-hour window, or $150 extra for a one-hour window. Not too bad, if you consider the cost of having to pay movers for sitting around instead.

I got loaders too - no way would I try to pack that myself! FYI, for those using the cubes, no professional company wanted to load the cube for me unless I agreed to sign a waiver for damages. They told me "they drop those things down from cranes and stuff gets broken". They told me to use lots of packing materials. Hmmm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues