Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 01:43 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarshield View Post
So in other words, the population of Chicago could drop to zero, the commuters would all live in, by this time, horribly congested and cookie cutter suburbs, and Chicago would be filled with nothing but malls, bars, restaurants, venues, and museums, and still the no city could be better than Chicago. In many ways I think the city is already there.
What are you rambling about now?

BTW, that wasnt me who said Chicago has more culture. I will agree that it has more entertainment though.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:47 PM

84 posts, read 87,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
What are you rambling about now?

BTW, that wasnt me who said Chicago has more culture. I will agree that it has more entertainment though.
Well, you seem to think that population has nothing to do with the quality of life found in that very city. You stated yourself that while Chicago lost more people then it gained last year, it's suburbs were thriving. Well, I just paraphrased your own words in a different way. Just wait another fifty years. San Diego, Phoenix, Houston, and Seattle are going to be just as urban in some parts as Chicago. Give us time. Afterall, compared to NYC you guys gave had all the time in the world to beat them in population. LA did it in a few decades!

Old 09-05-2007, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Well, you seem to think that population has nothing to do with the quality of life found in that very city. You stated yourself that while Chicago lost more people then it gained last year, it's suburbs were thriving. Well, I just paraphrased your own words in a different way. Just wait another fifty years. San Diego, Phoenix, Houston, and Seattle are going to be just as urban in some parts as Chicago. Give us time. Afterall, compared to NYC you guys gave had all the time in the world to beat them in population. LA did it in a few decades!
Once again youre wrong. LA has not beaten NYC in population.

Old 09-05-2007, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Chicago is a great city, with many cons just like every city has (hey, hows that beach riot going in San Diego? ).
You are going to honestly go on about the beach riot on Labor Day! GIVE IT UP!! The only reason that made national headlines, is because SD has a crime rate that is the lowest in th NATION! Coming from Chicago you have NO! right to make that statement. (Hey, how is like supporting a city that has a higher murder rate than Chicago and LA combined. But see, I can make that comment, you can't!

Old 09-05-2007, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Once again youre wrong. LA has not beaten NYC in population.
I was speaking how it has beaten out Chicago very quickly. Besides LA has the biggest metro in the nation. Beat that! Yes, and I'm sure in your opinion it is full of nothing more than illegals. Considering most houses cost somewhere in the high six figures in the LA metro I highly doubt it.

Once again, you have no right attacking population stats. Isn't Houston supposed to overtake Chicago in a few years. Wow, shocker!

Old 09-05-2007, 02:18 PM

Quote:
You are going to honestly go on about the beach riot on Labor Day! GIVE IT UP!! The only reason that made national headlines, is because SD has a crime rate that is the lowest in th NATION! Coming from Chicago you have NO! right to make that statement. (Hey, how is like supporting a city that has a higher murder rate than Chicago and LA combined. But see, I can make that comment, you can't!
Lowest crime rate in the nation, eh? Got facts to back that up? In fact I like watching that San Diego Beach Patrol and all the drug/fighting/murder arrests they and the PD make on a daily basis.

Old 09-05-2007, 02:35 PM

1,119 posts, read 2,743,333 times
Lunarshield sounded almost like TheRealangelion

I guess both are sharing the same IP

Anyway, SD is a nice little town in America. Its a great place to raise kids cuz most San Diegans hit the bed around 9:00 PM.

Old 09-05-2007, 02:52 PM

1,119 posts, read 2,743,333 times
Houston surpassed SF, Seattle and Boston in population a long time ago...Do you think the people in those cities feel threatened by that?

Quote:
Once again, you have no right attacking population stats. Isn't Houston supposed to overtake Chicago in a few years. Wow, shocker!

Old 09-05-2007, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown1 View Post
Lunarshield sounded almost like TheRealangelion I guess both are sharing the same IP
Wouldnt surprise me one bit, theyre all the same. Let me rephrase that: they all respond in the same way.

Old 09-05-2007, 03:50 PM

718 posts, read 2,688,883 times
Quote:
Lowest crime rate in the nation, eh? Got facts to back that up? In fact I like watching that San Diego Beach Patrol and all the drug/fighting/murder arrests they and the PD make on a daily basis.
Steve o did you have a formative university education or do you just spell really well? I can't believe this guy is talking about a beach boy brawl when his city leads the nation in MURDERS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.