Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 01:46 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,145,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
In my opinion the only state that beats California in beauty is Alaska, Oregon is beautiful though

What does Oregon have that could beat the beaches in Southern California?
The beaches in Oregon, maybe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 01:52 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
So is there any particular beaches that could beat Huntington, Manhattan, Coronado beaches?

Old 05-11-2012, 01:59 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,223,544 times
I think most states have a lot of beauty to them

I also think that most do have corners/areas that are either monotonous or otherwise unremarkable - doesn't make them bad though

CA is so large & so diverse ...... the coast, redwoods, farms, desert, mountains ... it just covers so much ground and has some great areas

ID is usually my sleeper state and I really like UT as well

I love exploring the diversity of AZ

As for PA - there is no way I could put it ahead of their northern neighbor (although I do have some admitted bias - although I did live in PA for a long time and grew up really close to the border) .... there is nothing in PA that you can't find in NY, but there is a lot on NY that isn't matched in PA ....... again, doesn't make it bad or not beautiful - howevever, if you had to rank NY is clearly ahead

Old 05-11-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
So is there any particular beaches that could beat Huntington, Manhattan, Coronado beaches?
Well obviously not in your opinion, which is just that. Just as mine is mine. Southern California beaches, by and large, are flat and uninteresting to me.

I don't find Huntington Beach, or Manhattan Beach, at all attractive in regards to the beach itself. The water's lovely ... but the ocean's pretty much the ocean everywhere. The coastline is what makes it scenic. Coronado is the best of the three, but still ... it's kind of flat and uninspiring to me.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Well obviously not in your opinion, which is just that. Just as mine is mine. Southern California beaches, by and large, are flat and uninteresting to me.

I don't find Huntington Beach, or Manhattan Beach, at all attractive in regards to the beach itself. The water's lovely ... but the ocean's pretty much the ocean everywhere. The coastline is what makes it scenic. Coronado is the best of the three, but still ... it's kind of flat and uninspiring to me.
Okay, so of all the beaches in Oregon, which is your favorite?

Old 05-11-2012, 03:01 PM

1,472 posts, read 3,546,959 times
Quote:
I driven over a period of three days the Oregon Coast from Astoria to Brookings. Its very pretty and I enjoyed it a lot (and want to do it again soon). Still, given the length and diversity of the California Coast from the Lost Coast to the Mexican Border its kind of hard to compare in quite the same way. The entire North Coast from San Francisco on up to Crescent City compares in many ways to the Coast of Oregon. Wild, empty, wet. The Central Coast from San Francisco south to about Pismo Beach has a totally different feel - more accessible, but more natural than SoCal beaches. And of course you have the SoCal beaches with their more urban/human element which is fun in its own way if not especially "scenic".

Oregon is beautiful no doubt, and I love the whole Pacific Coast, but nothing compares to California (oh, and the eastern half of Oregon isn't much to look at, unless you like brown hills and sage brush).

Quote:
Of course I'm prejudiced
I've noticed that in some of your other posts when California is mentioned.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:41 PM

3,210 posts, read 4,613,580 times
Alaska, w/o question. I love me some snow and cold.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
Alaska, w/o question. I love me some snow and cold.
How about some Northern Lights?

Old 05-11-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffredo View Post
Oregon is beautiful no doubt, and I love the whole Pacific Coast, but nothing compares to California (oh, and the eastern half of Oregon isn't much to look at, unless you like brown hills and sage brush).
Lol. Sure, nothing but brown hills and sagebrush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffredo View Post
I've noticed that in some of your other posts when California is mentioned.
So sue me because I prefer the way the northwest looks, and don't think that California (though I think most are talking L.A. actually) is the center of all things wonderful like some of you seem to.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:41 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,021,537 times
California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.