Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 06:11 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,430,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
To me this is a sad commercial street

Sadly Philly has many, this particular is really not far from where I was born

Philly has nice ones too but far too many ugly ones IMHO

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Frank...56.01,,0,-1.01
under the Frankford El
Not to mention the painfully narrow,old residential streets....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 08:31 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
I would have to say the frontage road along I-30 southwest of Little Rock, Arkansas.

Two that stand out in my mind in non-urban locations are on the north-south highways thorugh Somerset, Kentucky, and Durango, Colorado.

Last edited by jtur88; 02-16-2013 at 08:43 AM..

Old 02-16-2013, 09:15 AM

10,749 posts, read 23,822,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I would have to say the frontage road along I-30 southwest of Little Rock, Arkansas.

Two that stand out in my mind in non-urban locations are on the north-south highways thorugh Somerset, Kentucky, and Durango, Colorado.
Durango's commercial strip isn't that bad at all and it's a very pretty town with a vibrant downtown. There are certainly much worse like down the road from there in Farmington, NM. That commercial strip is hideous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtramp View Post
Sorry people, Albuquerque wins this one. Although the backdrop of the mountains to the east of the city is beautiful, the city itself is one big, dusty massive strip mall with acres and acres of parking lots, dilapidated stucco southwest low rise style buildings. Downtown has barely a handful tall buildings and instead of nice shopping, restaurants and safe streets, has seedy bars, gentlemens clubs and not much else that attract alot of drek.
Yeah I can't deny this. I like where I live in the NE Heights being so close to the mountains, roads like Tramway and Academy are pretty nice and Nob Hill is pretty cool, but there is a huge chunk of Albuquerque I just don't care for and avoid due to excessive junky commercial development along the boulevards, often times I think about moving back up to Santa Fe, it has more charm and a much better downtown.

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 02-16-2013 at 09:31 AM..

Old 02-16-2013, 09:28 AM

3,678 posts, read 7,216,052 times
Florida, Tampa Bay, Miami, Houston parts of LA, San Antonio

Old 02-16-2013, 09:36 AM

10,749 posts, read 23,822,981 times
One of the worst I've seen is Route 99 north of Seattle from Aurora Ave in the city up through Shoreline and the northern metro is quite excessive. I guess Kurt Cobain use to hang out in the divey depressing motels along this strip in his last days. Thing is North Seattle and the northern metro is actually pretty nice with a good grouping of middle class to upper middle class neighborhoods and suburbs, it's just that particular long stretch of road is butt ugly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.