Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 03:33 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,639,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unggoy_pekpek View Post
Some of us are disabled. Some of us are forbidden by law to work. Others live on the ocean in a bamboo hut . No jobs in the ocean.

Why does it matter?
It matters because this country is being run into the ground due to lax policing of a system with way too many holes.
I have worked since I was 15 and before that did odd jobs for neighbors to earn money. I would like to have my social security payment available when I decide to retire but unfortunately due to the previously mentioned lax policing of a system with way too many holes and way too many people looking to take advantage of such it appears I may have to do without.
Being you have an entire household that appears to have never worked or worked for a very minimal amount of time I am thinking it is possible that you fall into the category I mentioned. Further, your response makes it appear that you have the entitlement attitude that so many playing the system seem to have. I may be wrong but I don't think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2013, 04:21 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,287,680 times
Ok. So you're Filipino, and have relatives you want to bring to the US, in addition to the ones who are already here and don't have status to work, and apparently can't/won't have status to work. It just doesn't sound like a good plan. I think your best bet is to forget about the extended family, and live cheaply here with your nuclear family. Then send extra home to the Phillipines. If living together as an extended family is important, it might be more cost effective to do it in the Phillipines. If you're stuck on wanting to have everyone in the US, then start looking at work visas and figure out what everyone can do to contribute to the family.

Oh, and your user name is really rude.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:24 PM

20 posts, read 60,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
It matters because this country is being run into the ground due to lax policing of a system with way too many holes.
I have worked since I was 15 and before that did odd jobs for neighbors to earn money. I would like to have my social security payment available when I decide to retire but unfortunately due to the previously mentioned lax policing of a system with way too many holes and way too many people looking to take advantage of such it appears I may have to do without.
Being you have an entire household that appears to have never worked or worked for a very minimal amount of time I am thinking it is possible that you fall into the category I mentioned. Further, your response makes it appear that you have the entitlement attitude that so many playing the system seem to have. I may be wrong but I don't think so.
It does not matter. None of anything mentioned nor asked changes disability amounts by State.

How would someone else take your social security?

Also, what's wrong with taking advantage of the social security system?

What's wrong with entitlement?

You've worked since you were 15. Does that mean you have worked for a year? It doesn't sound like you know very much about taxes. Especially if you think 9 people living off $600 a month awarded after 40 years of paying taxes and almost dying for my country is a result of a "system with way too many holes".

Most countries give 10 times the benefits to foreigners that have paid a mere year into the system.

Are you also outraged when someone is rear-ended in traffic, and their auto insurance pays to fix the car for them, because you also pay auto insurance, but never got into a car accident yet?

Now, can you get back on topic, with helpful content? Or would you like to be reported and banned from this forum?

Old 10-05-2013, 06:26 PM

Default Wrong forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakabedy View Post
Ok. So you're Filipino, and have relatives you want to bring to the US, in addition to the ones who are already here and don't have status to work, and apparently can't/won't have status to work. It just doesn't sound like a good plan. I think your best bet is to forget about the extended family, and live cheaply here with your nuclear family. Then send extra home to the Phillipines. If living together as an extended family is important, it might be more cost effective to do it in the Phillipines. If you're stuck on wanting to have everyone in the US, then start looking at work visas and figure out what everyone can do to contribute to the family.

Oh, and your user name is really rude.
LOL!

You got the wrong forum dude.

Be more careful next time posting in multiple forums...

Old 10-05-2013, 06:33 PM

Quote:
LOL!

You got the wrong forum dude.

Be more careful next time posting in multiple forums...
I'm just responding to your post. Also, I'm intrigued by your knowledge that other countries will pay foreigners ten times the paltry $600 you're getting here, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter. Just wondering why you're not planning a move to one of those more generous countries. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

And your user name is still nasty. If you had used it in English, you'd have been warned by now. Or possible even . . . Banned.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:39 PM

Quote:
I'm just responding to your post. Also, I'm intrigued by your knowledge that other countries will pay foreigners ten times the paltry $600 you're getting here, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter. Just wondering why you're not planning a move to one of those more generous countries. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

And your user name is still nasty. If you had used it in English, you'd have been warned by now. Or possible even . . . Banned.
You were not replying to ANYTHING that I said. Thus, you have confused forums. Please read the comments here before responding.

Why would I move to another country? How can I file for disability in another country I have not paid enough taxes in? How does that make sense?

And WTF are you going on about my user name? It's not more nasty than yours. Further, my user name does not affect disability in different States.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:

Why would I move to another country? How can I file for disability in another country I have not paid enough taxes in? How does that make sense?
You can play dumb about the user name. That's cool. Whatever blows your skirt up.

But I'll urge you to take a look at that sentence you just wrote. Now, consider that you're wanting the US government to pay you (who presumably has paid taxes in the US for some time) not just for your own disability, but to also provide for other people who are either in another country or from another country and have not paid enough taxes in here -- simply because they are related to you or because you are responsible culturally for contributing to their upkeep. That's not how it works.

You've already answered your own question. I wish you the best of luck.

Old 10-05-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
You can play dumb about the user name. That's cool. Whatever blows your skirt up.

But I'll urge you to take a look at that sentence you just wrote. Now, consider that you're wanting the US government to pay you (who presumably has paid taxes in the US for some time) not just for your own disability, but to also provide for other people who are either in another country or from another country and have not paid enough taxes in here -- simply because they are related to you or because you are responsible culturally for contributing to their upkeep. That's not how it works.

You've already answered your own question. I wish you the best of luck.
And....do you care to cite the Federal Law that tells me how I can spend my money and on whom?

How can I answer my own question, when I still do not know the amounts awarded by Each of the 50 States, Puerto Rico, Saipan, etc.?

Old 10-05-2013, 09:39 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,440,498 times
According to the someone I met whose spouse was a claims person whose job is was to determine SSD benefit claims, Oregon was the worst state in which to apply. The best were Idaho and Washington. He said that since these were actually federal benefits, a claimant can request a change of venue from one state to another for a hearing.

I have not way of verify the validity of this information so it is just something I thought I would pass on.

Old 10-05-2013, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
According to the someone I met whose spouse was a claims person whose job is was to determine SSD benefit claims, Oregon was the worst state in which to apply. The best were Idaho and Washington. He said that since these were actually federal benefits, a claimant can request a change of venue from one state to another for a hearing.

I have not way of verify the validity of this information so it is just something I thought I would pass on.
Thank you. That is helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.