Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 10:37 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,515,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicalPartisan View Post
I have a few theories, but also a slight disagreement. The sub-forums I frequent do tend to have a a fair amount of female members. That said, when researching and facilitating the move to a new location, it is often the males who make major and final decisions. And that's not to be taken offensively; I know these things are discussed mutually in a relationship. But I imagine the guys do a lot of the leg-work.
Hmmm... I'd say with me it is definitely 50/50, even with slight preference towards what *she* wants. B/c if she is not happy well...that's going to make me not so happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 10:38 AM

8,632 posts, read 13,000,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel03 View Post
Really? Really? This is all ONLYfrom this thread:

....When you start
(a) defining what women are and aren't (and not letting them define it for themselves)
(b) making disgusting misogynist jokes (and not expecting backlash)
(c) conflating "gender not confirmed" with "man"

that says to women that they are not welcome.
First of all, I didn't say or do any of those things you listed. Secondly, don't lump my statement in with the OP's posts as if we have the same exact opinion on the subject. The OP has his perspective and I have mine. One of the few things I don't tolerate on this thread is being pigeon-holed.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:42 PM

1,704 posts, read 3,443,841 times
YOU asked who is telling women they aren't welcome here. I gave you a detailed answer with loads of specific and relevant examples.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:43 PM

1,704 posts, read 3,443,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Wow someone lacks a sense of humour...
I happen to have a fabulous sense of humor.

I just don't need to kick people who are already down to get my laughs.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:51 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
He's a poster who asks some of the most inane and repetitive questions ever and does it a lot. You'd have to wonder how he finds the time to travel to America so much. I feel like I'm on these forums a lot and I'm barely doing 3 posts a day on average. This means he has to be spending nearly all his free time on these forums. Half of his threads are trash like this one. Like Does it really matter if they are male or female? Are you looking to hookup and get some cyber sex?
Thank you, I couldn't rep you again so I came back to say I will make note of that. BTW, I don't know if the OP is a real postman or just someone who calls himself that because he posts on messages boards but my sister, a female, is a real person who used deliver mail. She is very well versed in geography and her nickname is "Sam," short for Samantha

Old 01-13-2014, 05:25 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Don't hang around those forums much because not much of interest to me there either.
But do the women really go round and round arguing about who has the biggest this or most impressive that, and of course that bigger or more impressive whatever makes them superior to everyone else?
Agreed. See below (from the Pittsburgh forum):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I don't understand this obsession, and that's what it is with some posters, of Pittsburgh's population and how Pittsburgh is getting screwed statistically b/c of its small size, it should annex 10 different suburbs or maybe even all of Allegheny County, yada, yada, yada. Just what good with this do, other than elevate Pittsburgh's size in the list of cities? The MSA wouldn't change, the CSA wouldn't change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
some people are always worried about the size of the other guy's penis and that's basically what drives this discussion

Old 01-13-2014, 05:41 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Agreed. See below (from the Pittsburgh forum):
Yup! As I mentioned in my other post, I've seen discussions on cities turn into which has more people in the metro who make over 300k per year. What?!

Some things I just don't see the relevance to how one city is better than another.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel03 View Post
YOU asked who is telling women they aren't welcome here. I gave you a detailed answer with loads of specific and relevant examples.
Most of them were jokes by the OP and the rest of the posts you quoted didn't hold much merit to my question. I guess your taking them as serious responses so that in itself makes your response post look rather weak since your trying to use them against me to make a point.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Yup! As I mentioned in my other post, I've seen discussions on cities turn into which has more people in the metro who make over 300k per year. What?!

Some things I just don't see the relevance to how one city is better than another.
I do agree that those type of discussions can get out of hand sometimes.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:00 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,801,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
He's a poster who asks some of the most inane and repetitive questions ever and does it a lot. You'd have to wonder how he finds the time to travel to America so much. I feel like I'm on these forums a lot and I'm barely doing 3 posts a day on average. This means he has to be spending nearly all his free time on these forums. Half of his threads are trash like this one. Like Does it really matter if they are male or female? Are you looking to hookup and get some cyber sex?
Inane? Yeah by the standards of this forum I think my questions are pretty good. If you think them inane good for you.

Yeah right now all my time is my free time...I probably need to cut down on posting again.

I try to make an astute social commentary and I get attacked. Typical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.