Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 05:01 PM

142 posts, read 219,956 times

Advertisements

I don't care for their menu apart from their Breakfast. Everything else seems to be really mediocre and unappealing. Why is it such a cultural phenomenon in America?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2014, 05:15 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,939,617 times
Why?

I'm not sure, but there are few things more repulsive to me than the sight of a McDonald's drive-thru lane anytime between 4 and 7 pm.

Maybe a hands-free, effortless meal in a bag is the essential reason?

Old 02-02-2014, 05:30 PM

3,119 posts, read 6,605,145 times
Why do Canadians like Tim Horton's so much?

Why are you trolling so much?

Old 02-02-2014, 05:31 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,310,229 times
McDonald's is cheap and it's relatively fast. It's not really about the quality of the food, it is about the convenience and affordability of it. A lot of Americans are too busy or just don't care to cook anymore, so the temptation to stop somewhere where they don't even have to get out of their car to have a hot, inexpensive meal handed to them is too much.

Actually, as an American, I don't get the Canadian fascination with Tim Hortons. I live in a part of the country where there are many of them, and I find their food bland and overpriced. I guess to each their own.

Old 02-02-2014, 05:38 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Same reason why Canadians like it so much

Old 02-02-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan83 View Post
Why do Canadians like Tim Horton's so much?

Why are you trolling so much?
I'm not. I just don't get the appeal of Mcdonald's in general, it's just there are better fatty food places to eat in my opinion with more selection within the same price range. Mcdonald's is just sort of Meh...

Old 02-02-2014, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
McDonald's is cheap and it's relatively fast. It's not really about the quality of the food, it is about the convenience and affordability of it. A lot of Americans are too busy or just don't care to cook anymore, so the temptation to stop somewhere where they don't even have to get out of their car to have a hot, inexpensive meal handed to them is too much.

Actually, as an American, I don't get the Canadian fascination with Tim Hortons. I live in a part of the country where there are many of them, and I find their food bland and overpriced. I guess to each their own.
Tim Horton's is awful I agree. The coffee is weak and the doughnuts tast like bread and everything else tends to be stale. People actually prefer Second Cup these days to Tim Horton's here in Canada.

Old 02-02-2014, 05:50 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,213,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie89 View Post
I don't care for their menu apart from their Breakfast. Everything else seems to be really mediocre and unappealing. Why is it such a cultural phenomenon in America?
Not me! I don't eat that trash because I CAN COOK!

Old 02-02-2014, 05:52 PM

5,521 posts, read 8,771,334 times
McD grew up with the automobile. As Americans became more mobile over longer distances it became important to be able to find a known quality if food whether they were near or far from home. Mickey D was the first to make this possible.

Old 02-02-2014, 05:55 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
Maybe it's just me, but, over the past several years it seems to me that McDonalds food tastes a great deal like cardboard. Seriously, what's happened? I've eaten McD's all my life, but, refuse to eat there anymore because of the taste and preparation --- Since the prices are no longer anything to write home about, I see no point in going to McD's, when I can get better food elsewhere at the same price.

(I remember working at McD's many years ago when burgers were 20-cents and fries were a dime ... and it seemed like the food was good! --- But, perhaps my memory is failing me)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.