Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your Favorite Us Coastline
Alabama 1 0.61%
Alaska 0 0%
California 27 16.46%
Connecticut 2 1.22%
Delaware 2 1.22%
Florida 68 41.46%
Georgia 1 0.61%
Illinois 2 1.22%
Indiana 1 0.61%
Louisiana 1 0.61%
Maine 2 1.22%
Maryland 0 0%
Massachusetts 3 1.83%
Michigan 9 5.49%
Minnesota 2 1.22%
Mississippi 0 0%
New Hampshire 1 0.61%
New Jersey 3 1.83%
New York 1 0.61%
North Carolina 11 6.71%
Ohio 1 0.61%
Oregon 7 4.27%
Pennsylvania 1 0.61%
Rhode Island 2 1.22%
South Carolina 4 2.44%
Texas 3 1.83%
Virginia 5 3.05%
Washington 2 1.22%
Wisconsin 2 1.22%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 07:29 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,211,665 times

Advertisements

Creepy? Sorry, just have a problem with lying and hypocrisy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 09:39 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,935,335 times
People always give NJ beaches a bad wrap

Not only is the water blue but the sand can be very nice too

http://ak.picdn.net/shutterstock/vid...s-and-boat.jpg

In all seriousness the beaches can be pretty nice

My votes to Hawaii - made my first trip there in September and was quite impresive

Old 10-20-2014, 11:32 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,795,503 times
LOL at those who say California beaches are too cold to swim in. We swim in our beaches every day.

I find lots of beaches around the country beautiful. It's hard to pick just one, so I won't.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:34 AM

4 posts, read 2,887 times
Best remote, scenic, uncrowded, and natural beaches are in Washington State around Olympic National Park. I love the sea stacks, evergreen forests, dark sands, giant thunderous crashing Pacific waves, and amazing sunsets. I did a camping trip out in LaPush, WA, it was unforgettable and so peaceful
& I think
Poll would have been a lot more interesting if you excluded Florida and California as well.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:21 AM

5,294 posts, read 10,211,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
People always give NJ beaches a bad wrap

Not only is the water blue but the sand can be very nice too

http://ak.picdn.net/shutterstock/vid...s-and-boat.jpg

In all seriousness the beaches can be pretty nice

My votes to Hawaii - made my first trip there in September and was quite impresive
Nice try--that's not the Jersey Shore, it's Tulum.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:02 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,791,370 times
Florida. South Florida and the Panhandle.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:54 AM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
OK, it looked sort of creepy to me, too. Just sayin'.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:19 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
Like I said - no lying, no hypocrisy. The way you interpret or misread what I say is not my problem. I've never once said I don't find California to be pretty. I probably said I don't care much for mountains and cliffs (because I don't...) but I've never said I don't find them beautiful. Maybe I've said I find other types of scenery MORE beautiul than mountains, but I find mountains to be pretty. I just don't particularly like them as a place I'd want to live. I'm not a big mountain person.

Anyway, what you originally responded to was a post in which I simply shared my like for New England beaches. You read way too much into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Yeah, this is not the first time that poster has done that to me. I think the real problem with him is that I don't prefer mountains and that type of dramatic scenery. Some people cannot comprehend that. It shows up in the east vs west threads all the time - yes, some people really don't prefer mountains and some people find other scenery more beautiful. Size and looking imposing and dramatic doesn't always matter to people over something more subdued. I prefer flat beaches with palm trees, sugary white sand, and turquoise warm water to the CA coast - but they're both pretty.

I would never call a whole state ugly. I am often a huge advocate for saying every state is beautiful. I truly believe that. Everywhere has something beautiful, but I may prefer one type of beauty to another - which is what people apparently take issue with and misinterpret, trying to smear my reputation around here and make me out to be a hypocritical liar Like I said, not the first time...

Last edited by JerseyGirl415; 10-21-2014 at 11:41 AM..

Old 10-21-2014, 08:23 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,795,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I didn't find Hawaii's post creepy at all. They made a simple observation about something Jersey said that seemed to contradict something they had said earlier (which I agree, it did come off as contradicting...I could just have just read the posts wrong), and called it out. How is that creepy?

Old 10-21-2014, 08:44 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
I didn't find Hawaii's post creepy at all. They made a simple observation about something Jersey said that seemed to contradict something they had said earlier (which I agree, it did come off as contradicting...I could just have just read the posts wrong), and called it out. How is that creepy?
Yeah? When did I say that? Someone claims I said something long the lines of "I don't like CA's coast, I prefer Florida" then is allowed to attack me for simply saying I like New England beaches, something completely unrelated, thus derailing the thread, trying to connect it to the apparent previous post from another thread? And you don't think that's creepy and weird? And you don't even question the poster's interpretation of what I said? That perhaps whatever post he is referring to of mine was misread or misinterpreted? Come on.

Bottom line, as I said, Hawaii4evr seems to have an issue with me. This was not the first time, and won't be the last. I don't really like mountains or cliffs as a type of scenery, on coasts or in general - this is the apparent issue. They are pretty, but yes, I prefer beaches like those in Florida or the Caribbean. I will go to and appreciate pretty much any beach anywhere as long as it is warm with nice sand and the water is a bearable temperature (high 60s and above for me), but I have preferences and I am allowed to. Most posts Hawaii4evr clash with me on are ones in which I share my dislike for mountains. Mountains are pretty, sure, but they're not my preferred scenery. I don't have to apologize for that, someone needs to get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.