Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 12:35 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,219,515 times

Advertisements

And when I say best city for singles, I don't mean the best place for single people to meet other single people. I mean what do you think is a good city for a single person to have a great social life and better options in terms of city amenities and having an active lifestyle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 01:29 AM

3,533 posts, read 5,830,649 times
Think you may like Seattle.. It's not a sexy city by any means, but a city where people like being independent, solitary and enjoying their freedom and privacy.

Old 11-01-2014, 01:48 AM

2,919 posts, read 3,186,882 times
Just my opinion, but please remove the words "great social life" from Seattle...maybe if one is an attractive single women...then yes, Seattle is heaven, imo...yes it is libertarian, live and let live, but I would never move to Seattle as a single male transplant who is sociable and gregarious, is that is an important aspect to them,...as far as the outdoor stuff and active lifestyle, Seattle is good.

Old 11-01-2014, 03:47 AM

128 posts, read 203,173 times
Huntington Beach, California

Southern California in general may be the best place to make a high income, have a much lower cost of living, and also have a great lifestyle with that disposable income.

Seattle is great if you like staying indoors most of the year and being surrounded by hippies the rest of the year. The great thing about SoCal's weather is you can enjoy nature almost all year (beaches, cliffs, Big Bear, etc.). It could be January and people will go to the beach.

Here's a photo from a recent bike ride (approaching Laguna Beach)

So many options are available for the occasional getaway: LA, San Diego, Las Vegas, Yosemite, Santa Barbara, Tijuana, etc.

There's no place in the United States, if not the world, where there's a larger concentration of extremely beautiful women than in Orange County beach cities. The hottest women you'll find elsewhere won't stand out here. You could go to the library in Newport Beach and every girl there will look like a fashion model.

Old 11-01-2014, 05:49 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
And when I say best city for singles, I don't mean the best place for single people to meet other single people. I mean what do you think is a good city for a single person to have a great social life and better options in terms of city amenities and having an active lifestyle.
Cities like Washington DC, Boston and Chicago. All offer well-rounded social lives outside of dating with countless recreational/social groups ranging from kayaking/crew to art, cooking, organized sports like softball or football or running/biking groups and many more varying interests. A great city for singles is most often interpreted as one having the best bar scene, more of the opposite gender or having a low average age but in my opinion it goes much deeper than that. Healthy relationships are usually based first upon common interests and one isn't going to find that easily in a mostly bar-oriented environment.

Old 11-01-2014, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Cities like Washington DC, Boston and Chicago. All offer well-rounded social lives outside of dating with countless recreational/social groups ranging from kayaking/crew to art, cooking, organized sports like softball or football or running/biking groups and many more varying interests. A great city for singles is most often interpreted as one having the best bar scene, more of the opposite gender or having a low average age but in my opinion it goes much deeper than that. Healthy relationships are usually based first upon common interests and one isn't going to find that easily in a mostly bar-oriented environment.

Great post. I am from Chicago and planning to move back there, but I'm open to other places as well. So I just wanted to hear feedback from others to see what other cities would come up besides Chicago. I'm also considering Seattle.

I completely agree with what you say above that I bolded in red, and that is my thinking as well. Though I don't mind going to bars, I'm past a point where I'm looking for a "bar scene." I'm looking for a bit more activity-based outings offered on a large scale where when I go out, I'm not constantly surrounded by couples and kids.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:07 AM

542 posts, read 1,683,464 times
Seattle is currently the best city in the US but San Francisco isn't far behind. You'll find access to lots of women there.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_show View Post
Seattle is currently the best city in the US but San Francisco isn't far behind. You'll find access to lots of women there.

I am female. :-)

Old 11-01-2014, 09:06 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
That could be almost any of the major metros in the US. And it will come down to the individual person, one person may find happiness and success in a given city as a single person but, another single person in the same city may not experience that. Atlanta could be the hottest place for single people in the south but not necessarily do anything for single people from nyc or Chicago. I guess whatever city you find happiness and success as a single person, for some single person that could be Nashville or boston.

Old 11-01-2014, 09:11 AM

2,262 posts, read 2,399,652 times
Well I remember seeing a list recently (maybe posted here?) and Tysons Corner and Arlington were named as one of the best places for the rich and single. Not really sure about anywhere else but I'd assume Chicago, New York, DC, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.