Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 04:06 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,598,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
It'd be better if they had legalized heroin. It doesn't smell like crap.

I'm not joking.
Burning weed smells like crap for sure. No argument there... but have you ever actually smelled burning heroin? I have. YUCK. Good thing most users shoot it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2015, 10:19 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
I live in a neighborhood full of pot smokers and I rarely smell it. My neighbors on both sides smoke both pot and regular cigarettes all damn day (I know because I have been in their houses) but when I am in my house and even when I walk by I rarely if ever smell it unless thay are smoking on their porch.

There are plenty of reasons one might object to Colorado's legalized status of marijuana, but unless your roomates are pot smokers or you have people smoking pot within a few feet of your open windows, I doubt you are waliking around in a constant haze of pungeant smoke.

Anyway, I think it has enhanced Colorado's reputation. It is precedent for the strength of states over the federal government and for the drive of capitalism and determination of citizens.

Old 01-24-2015, 01:16 AM

172 posts, read 292,072 times
An interactive webmap of all recreational marijuana retail shops in WA State:

Washington Recreational Marijuana Retail Map and Directory | Kush Tourism

Old 01-24-2015, 02:10 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,808,176 times
Has it tarnished Colorado's reputation?? That depends on your position on drugs. Being I support a drug free society I would not want to live there because of it. If you support pot use then I am sure Colorado is now a shangrala to you. Colorado is not a polarizing place because of this new law. It also has brought a whole new meaning to the phrase "Rocky mountain high" lol.

Old 01-24-2015, 04:43 AM

132 posts, read 139,177 times
Colorado has a good rep the world over, legal regulation of cannabis only increased that.

Old 01-24-2015, 04:45 AM

132 posts, read 139,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Has it tarnished Colorado's reputation?? That depends on your position on drugs. Being I support a drug free society I would not want to live there because of it. If you support pot use then I am sure Colorado is now a shangrala to you. Colorado is not a polarizing place because of this new law. It also has brought a whole new meaning to the phrase "Rocky mountain high" lol.
what you're saying is you support a society free of pain.... delusional at best.

btw, what's your drug of choice?

Old 01-24-2015, 05:38 AM

267 posts, read 311,239 times
Enhanced

They didn't call Denver "The Mile High City" for nothing.

Old 01-24-2015, 04:12 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,598,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will21st View Post
what you're saying is you support a society free of pain.... delusional at best.

btw, what's your drug of choice?
My thoughts exactly.

Old 01-24-2015, 04:53 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,830,750 times
In July 2015, it becomes legal in Oregon, in 2016 supposedly sales start here. By 2020 or so, I'd suspect it will be legal in enough states (for recreational use) that it isn't an issue for any one state.

I am not any more fond of "stoner" culture than I am of "drunk" culture, but unless someone wants to attempt another run at Prohibition, I think it is a moot issue. And marijuana, arguably, can have some medicinal uses - one of my neighbors has chronic pain issues and uses a marijuana product specifically developed for her issues. She says it works for her without side effects such as the opiates produced.

Last edited by PNW-type-gal; 01-24-2015 at 05:05 PM..

Old 01-26-2015, 09:29 AM

3,453 posts, read 4,530,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Has it tarnished Colorado's reputation?? That depends on your position on drugs. Being I support a drug free society I would not want to live there because of it. If you support pot use then I am sure Colorado is now a shangrala to you.
You support the banning of alcohol, caffeine and cigarettes?

And then the dismantling of the entire pharm industry?

And then people will be "happy" and "drug free," even though it's been proven many times over that people seek out ways to chemically escape, and so do other mammals?

Please lay out how this could even possibly happen in the real world, taking into consideration past prohibition and so on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.