Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 06:08 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times

Advertisements

NYC
LA
Orlando
Minneapolis
SF
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 05:58 AM

21,631 posts, read 12,766,606 times
In no particular order

Boston-So unique culturally and geographically doesnt feel like America but doesnt feel quite like Europe. Feels like im in some sort of Carribean themed Irish land of nonsensical road hills and rickety homes with bold people and people who let you just do you. Way more international and diverse than people give it credit for, but for what ever reason its not really cosmopolitan..perhaps its too small (?)

Philadelphia- Love the architecture even if a lot of it is dirty and messed up. The people are real and the culture and uniqueness is right up there with Boston. Philadelphia has no filter! and it has great food, i dont even car e about the restaurants. Its philly cheesteaks and hoagies are enough for me, and on top of all of that its crazy affordable!

Washington DC- I love the efficiency of it all. I love the style of dress amongst native DC folk because its colorful. I also like the wealth of the area and its suburbs and the sheer diversity. Not too mention all the free museums and the strong economy.

Miami- Whats not to love. Beautiful people, warm (okay hot and somewhat oppressive) weather. Amazing heterogeneity of the culture that I like. I like the vulgarity and raunchiness of the city not to mention the bright color and numerous clubs. I love the beach and the 'Canes! It really is all about the U.

Oakland- So artsy so lively! Just infused with music and graffiti and street art and tolerance ever where you go! So integrated, and you can get that sophistication right over the bridge in San Fran. I love the fact that its a west coast city with some good density. And weed is de facto legal out there,. Its progressive and a great place for young people like My self

Old 05-26-2015, 12:46 PM

934 posts, read 1,441,193 times
Chicago
Kansas City
New Orleans
Indianapolis

Those four are pretty much set in stone. The fifth changes the most for me. Somewhere on the West Coast probably. LA/SF or even Honolulu is really beautiful.

Old 05-26-2015, 04:27 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Rough and Ready, CA
Frankenstein, MO
Coupon, PA
Why, AZ
Whynot, MS

Honorable Mention: Cranky Corner, LA
I tend to lean toward Toad Suck, AR but Frankenstein, MO ain't bad; unincorporated, only about 30 residents, no traffic or crime issues and certainly not crowded.

Old 05-26-2015, 05:34 PM

42 posts, read 72,295 times
For some reason the first thing I thought of when I opened his thread was the best food I've had in each city haha. All of them are pretty good food cities, I guess.

1. Boston
2. Portland, ME
3. San Diego
4. Albuquerque
5. Denver

Honorable mentions: NYC and Knoxville, TN.

Least favorite cities:
1. Los Angeles.

Old 05-26-2015, 06:46 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,212,799 times
I know my first post was facetious but in all honesty:

San Diego
Chicago
Santa Fe
Kansas City
Los Angeles

Old 05-26-2015, 06:53 PM

1,608 posts, read 3,077,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Bumblesquat, AR
Clancey's Holler, NH
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa, HI
Grizzly Terd, WY
East Jockstrap, ID
wth

Old 05-26-2015, 07:11 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,877,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar54 View Post
You left out;

Springfield, Arkansas
Springfield, California
Springfield, Colorado
Springfield, Florida
Springfield, Georgia
Springfield, Idaho
Springfield, Illinois
Springfield, Kentucky
Springfield, Louisiana
Springfield, Maine
Springfield, Massachusetts
Springfield, Michigan
Springfield, Minnesota
Springfield, Missouri (the most populous Springfield in the United States)
Springfield, Nebraska
Springfield, New Hampshire
Springfield, New Jersey
Springfield, New York
Springfield, Ohio
Springfield, Oregon
Springfield, Pennsylvania
Springfield, South Carolina
Springfield, South Dakota
Springfield, Tennessee
Springfield, Texas
Springfield, Vermont
Springfield, Virginia
nevermind. My question is answered in the post! OK, what is the 2nd largest Springfield by population?

Last edited by pnwguy2; 05-26-2015 at 07:32 PM..

Old 05-26-2015, 07:18 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,891,340 times
  1. Denver, CO
  2. Deadwood, SD
  3. Fort Collins, CO
  4. Salida, CO
  5. Taos, NM

Old 05-27-2015, 06:54 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,212,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I tend to lean toward Toad Suck, AR but Frankenstein, MO ain't bad; unincorporated, only about 30 residents, no traffic or crime issues and certainly not crowded.
I drove through Tightwad, MO this past weekend. I'd say it's an honorable mention :P I'll have to check out Toad Suck when I get the chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.