Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 10:46 AM

55 posts, read 48,134 times

Advertisements

Recently moved to Albuquerque from KC and have discovered a hidden treasure of local Craft beers. Unfortunately, few are bottled so you have come here to enjoy. While I enjoy the local stuff I have my store favorites- Cutthroat Porter, Vanilla Porter, Black Butte Porter. Yea! I like Porters and Stouts, something about actually tasting my beer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 11:41 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,800,357 times
Burlington, Vermont. Pound for pound there are very few states that have better breweries than the state of Vermont.

Portland, Maine is also very very good as well.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:00 PM

1,778 posts, read 2,884,662 times
The craft beer phenom is wonderful. All of my favorite beers are now made locally. A "Laughing Lab" or "Beehive" and I'm happy.

No need to drink the p*ss water I grew up drinking, aka Bud, Coors, Millers, et al.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:45 AM

55 posts, read 48,134 times
Amen to the p*ss water. I hope none of y'all ever get to taste my favorite local brews unless you come to ABQ. That would mean they have started bottling and distributing. Right now, THEY ARE MINE! ...... ALL MINE!!!

Old 09-23-2016, 09:10 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Burlington, Vermont. Pound for pound there are very few states that have better breweries than the state of Vermont.

Portland, Maine is also very very good as well.
Yeah, but Burlington itself doesn't have many good breweries. Fiddlehead isn't in Burlington, and that's the best right there. Foam is good. Zero Gravity is forgettable. Switchback is meh. There isn't anything else above decent.

Portland has many world class ones. I love Burlington, I lived there, visit there often, but can't cosign this post.

Old 09-23-2016, 10:28 AM

2,563 posts, read 3,626,477 times
Portland
Denver
San Diego
Grand Rapids/SW Michigan (per capita)

Chicago
San Francisco
Asheville
Seattle
Philadelphia

Old 09-23-2016, 11:44 AM

1,424 posts, read 1,937,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLake View Post
Portland
Denver
San Diego
Grand Rapids/SW Michigan (per capita)

Chicago
San Francisco
Asheville
Seattle
Philadelphia
Not a bad list, but I have two comments: 1) Denver really should be called Front Range, since Boulder and Ft. Collins are implied, but not mentioned and 2) If Grand Rapids and Asheville make the cut (which I absolutely feel they belong), Bend, OR absolutely should, as well.

Old 09-24-2016, 08:45 AM

32 posts, read 42,780 times
Omaha

Old 09-24-2016, 10:43 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickaida View Post
Amen to the p*ss water. I hope none of y'all ever get to taste my favorite local brews unless you come to ABQ. That would mean they have started bottling and distributing. Right now, THEY ARE MINE! ...... ALL MINE!!!
Several of Albuquerque's most prominent breweries are packaging, Marble, La Cumbre, Tractor, Kellys, at the very least, and of course Santa Fe Brewing which while technically not from Albuquerque has a huge presence here with their new tasting room.

I don't think they are distributing out of state yet, though, except maybe Colorado.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:51 AM

520 posts, read 611,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickaida View Post
Recently moved to Albuquerque from KC and have discovered a hidden treasure of local Craft beers. Unfortunately, few are bottled so you have come here to enjoy. While I enjoy the local stuff I have my store favorites- Cutthroat Porter, Vanilla Porter, Black Butte Porter. Yea! I like Porters and Stouts, something about actually tasting my beer.
Albuquerque is a surprisingly great craft beer city. https://www.thrillist.com/drink/nati...ies-in-america ABQ was also 17th in Travel & Leisure's best beer cities and Marble Brewery won the award for best small brewery at the 2014 GABF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.