Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2018, 12:48 PM

457 posts, read 904,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I can see how a person who does a lot of flying would prefer the north Dallas 'burbs since DFW is up that way also while ATL is on the south side. That seems to be one of the biggest differences between the two areas.

FYI...DFW is not north of Dallas - it is west of Dallas in Irving, Grapevine and Euless...and just a smidgen of Ft. Worth.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2018, 01:08 PM

1,296 posts, read 1,218,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallascaper View Post
FYI...DFW is not north of Dallas - it is west of Dallas in Irving, Grapevine and Euless...and just a smidgen of Ft. Worth.
It’s roughly midway between DT Dallas and DT Ft Worth, to the north of those business districts, not the entire city propers. For the powers that be to buy so much land in such a great location was a stroke of genius. Until the massive growth of the suburbs in Collin and Denton counties started happensing in the 90s and 2000s, it was extremely convenient to just about all parts of the metroplex.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:49 PM

16,696 posts, read 29,515,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
The lot sizes are typically narrower and the houses closer together in suburban Dallas than they are in Atlanta.

They don't have the bucolic environs that you see in exquisite East Cobb?

North Atlanta vs North Dallas living - How do they compare?-east-cobb-ix.jpg

North Atlanta vs North Dallas living - How do they compare?-east-cobb-i.jpg

North Atlanta vs North Dallas living - How do they compare?-east-cobb-ii.png

North Atlanta vs North Dallas living - How do they compare?-east-cobb-iii.jpg

North Atlanta vs North Dallas living - How do they compare?-east-cobb-iv.jpg

North Atlanta vs North Dallas living - How do they compare?-east-cobb-v.jpg

North Atlanta vs North Dallas living - How do they compare?-east-cobb-vi.jpg

North Atlanta vs North Dallas living - How do they compare?-east-cobb-vii.jpg

North Atlanta vs North Dallas living - How do they compare?-east-cobb-viii.jpg

Old 07-26-2018, 02:17 PM

4,399 posts, read 4,286,737 times
Not Atlanta is greener hillier and in general less typical sunbelt. North Dallas is more laid back though.

Old 07-26-2018, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
... North Dallas is more laid back though.
Really? How so/What do you mean?

Old 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM

1,168 posts, read 776,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
They don't have the bucolic environs that you see in exquisite East Cobb?
Most people interested in living in major urban areas aren't looking for a bucolic setting. DFW suburbs are more compact and thus slightly more urban in feel. It's a place where you can stand just outside your front door and chat with your neighbor who's only a few feet away from you.

Atlanta's scenery is indeed prettier though. I don't know anyone who will disagree with that.

Old 07-26-2018, 03:26 PM

1,168 posts, read 776,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Not Atlanta is greener hillier and in general less typical sunbelt. North Dallas is more laid back though.
I don't know if I agree with that. North Dallas is known for being one of the most image conscious places in the whole country. Home of the "30K millionaire".

Old 07-26-2018, 05:47 PM

3,144 posts, read 2,046,970 times
I like North Atlanta better personally. But at the end of the day, I don't think there's much separation between those two areas. Other than the much better airport locations in Dallas, they both have similar urban amenities in my view.

Old 07-26-2018, 08:11 PM

12,830 posts, read 9,547,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frustratedintelligence View Post
I don't know if I agree with that. North Dallas is known for being one of the most image conscious places in the whole country. Home of the "30K millionaire".
leasing a beamer while living at home with mama.

Old 07-26-2018, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frustratedintelligence View Post
Most people interested in living in major urban areas aren't looking for a bucolic setting. DFW suburbs are more compact and thus slightly more urban in feel. It's a place where you can stand just outside your front door and chat with your neighbor who's only a few feet away from you.

Atlanta's scenery is indeed prettier though. I don't know anyone who will disagree with that.

People don't want bucolic settings? We are talking about suburbs here.

Oh, and yes...Atlanta is damn pretty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.