Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If it were to ever happen again, what states do you think would join the new CSA?
FlORIDA 27 20.15%
GEORGIA 96 71.64%
ALABAMA 116 86.57%
MISSISSIPPI 116 86.57%
SOUTH CAROLINA 108 80.60%
NORTH CAROLINA 61 45.52%
TENNESSEE 78 58.21%
ARKANSAS 79 58.96%
LOUISIANA 85 63.43%
TEXAS 50 37.31%
OKLAHOMA 38 28.36%
MISSOURI 27 20.15%
KENTUCKY 55 41.04%
WEST VIRGINIA 46 34.33%
VIRGINIA 38 28.36%
MARYLAND 11 8.21%
DELAWARE 7 5.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 03:45 PM

97 posts, read 766,571 times

Advertisements

Do you think there will ever be another CSA? It will probably never happen, but if it ever did, what states do you think would be in it? I did read about an organization called the League of the South, that's really trying to get the South to secede once again. They said they can do a better job with illegal immigration, compared to that of the U.S. Government.

A couple of states that wasn't in the old CSA, that in my opinion would definitely be in the new CSA would be Kentucky and West Virginia. West Virginia should have been in the old CSA, because two-thirds of what would become West Virginia voted to secede from the U.S. and join the CSA. As for Kentucky, I read that they joined the Confederacy after the Civil War, but it was too late for them then.

Here's a web site that I found for a new CSA. New Confederacy - Provisional Government site of the Confederate States of America under the proposed New Confederate Constitution

Old 04-06-2008, 04:01 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,613,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Punk View Post
Do you think there will ever be another CSA? It will probably never happen, but if it ever did, what states do you think would be in it? I did read about an organization called the League of the South, that's really trying to get the South to secede once again. They said they can do a better job with illegal immigration, compared to that of the U.S. Government.

A couple of states that wasn't in the old CSA, that in my opinion would definitely be in the new CSA would be Kentucky and West Virginia. West Virginia should have been in the old CSA, because two-thirds of what would become West Virginia voted to secede from the U.S. and join the CSA. As for Kentucky, I read that they joined the Confederacy after the Civil War, but it was too late for them then.

Here's a web site that I found for a new CSA. New Confederacy - Provisional Government site of the Confederate States of America under the proposed New Confederate Constitution
I want to be very careful how I say this. And also, that there is no way that I can get all the thoughts in, in one post.

As a starter though...

I am PROUD to be a Texan and a Southerner. God knows how I am. I fill up with Love and Pride over the sight of the Lone Star Flag and the Confederate Battle Flag. I get chill-bumps when I hear Dixie. Further, as a "layman" of "Civil War" studies, I am firmly convinced that the South had the best constitutional arguments on its/our side.

And to take it a step beyond? If -- god forbid -- something divided the United States again -- then my first loyalty is to my home state and my region. Texas and the Southland. It is where I was born, where my people are, where all I am comfortable with, cherish, feel strongly about... and love, are.

Oh man...let me try and get back on topic here...gimme a sec...!

Last edited by TexasReb; 04-06-2008 at 05:09 PM..

Old 04-06-2008, 04:13 PM

6,344 posts, read 11,094,986 times
At one time Vermont and Texas were Republics, separate of the USA.

I seem to recall that most, if not all New England states have laws written into their state Constitutions permitting them to secede from the USA. And many towns in New England also have provisions written into their Town Charters that permit them to leave their state for another state. Here's the story behind Newington, NH's bid to leave NH.

News

And another bid for the State of VT to leave the USA.

Vermont Independence Resolution Petition

POLL - 8% Of Vermonters Favor Secession! Vermont Independence Movement Leads The Nation - Vermont Commons (http://www.vtcommons.org/blog/2006/04/29/poll-8-vermonters-favor-secession-vermont-independence-movement-leads-nation - broken link)

And the town of Killington, VT also has the same notion.

FOXNews.com - Killington, Vt., Voters Choose to Secede - You Decide 2004

Looks like people all over the country are upset with the way things are going.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:19 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,613,058 times
With all that said though, much as I am proud of what the Confederacy stood for in terms of a constitutional principle....like Jefferson Davis said:

"The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form."

He only stated but a truism, that I happen to agree with. But most Southerners (like Davis) didn't want a war. Robert E. Lee lead the South only because his native state of Virginia joined the Confederacy.

When it became hopeless though, he said, in effect, to his men, "we have fought the good fight, but the odds against us were too great. Now, go home and become good citizens of a re-united country>'

They did just that.

I guess that is why -- for all my affection for the South and the Confederacy -- that I don't take lightly, talk about a secessionist movement and what might be...

Naturally...and naturally as a sunrise....I'll take my stand... to live and die with Dixie. If it comes to that. .

But I hope it never does...

Last edited by TexasReb; 04-06-2008 at 05:07 PM..

Old 04-06-2008, 06:49 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,503,289 times
I don't think any of the Southern states will secede again. If it ever happens, it'll be more Northern and Western, rural states--Alaska, Vermont, Montana, Idaho, etc. Personally, I think any divisions will be within states as well, rural versus urban, particularly.

Old 04-06-2008, 07:02 PM

1,197 posts, read 4,784,035 times
Personally I think that the US should form into about 6 different countries:

PACIFIC:
California
Oregon
Washington

MOUNTAIN:
Nevada
Arizona
Utah
Idaho
New Mexico
Colorado
Wyoming
Montana

LONE STAR:
Texas
Oklahoma

MIDWEST:
Kansas
Nebraska
South Dakota
North Dakota
Missouri
Iowa
Minnesota
Illinois
Wisconsin
Indiana
Michigan
Ohio

SOUTH
Louisiana
Arkansas
Mississippi
Kentucky
Tennessee
Alabama
Georgia
South Carolina
North Carolina
Virginia
West Virginia

NORTHEAST
DC
Maryland
Delaware
Pennsylvania
New Jersey
New York
Connecticut
Rhode Island
Massachusetts
New Hampshire
Vermont
Maine

Then Alaska, Hawaii, and Florida should go independent.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:26 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,769,046 times
If the CSA was formed again, i just don't see many states joining

Old 04-06-2008, 08:32 PM

1,744 posts, read 7,261,685 times
If there's going to be another civil war, I doubt the combatants would be divided by political boundaries this time, but racial/ethnic ones instead... so I'd imagine every state would have people within it's borders who would make up the Confederates.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:45 PM

24 posts, read 100,733 times
If there were ever another civil war, I would back Texas and the south in a heartbeat.. and I'm a northerner.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:49 PM

109 posts, read 469,810 times
If it were to happen, Virginia would probably split, with NoVa being in the north and the rest being with the CSA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.