Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 04:19 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times

Advertisements

I love the weather where Im at (Chicago's suburbs)... we get a mix of everything, keeps things interesting and unique. Summers are very pleasant most of the time, with those sweet thunderstorms that move in and out quickly. It can get pretty friggin hot here at times (over 100 with the heat index), but it doesnt last. We get gorgeous 80 degree, breezy summer days with moderate humidity to 90 degree days with higher humidity which makes perfect weather for pool lounging. lol Spring is decent, expect anything from 40 degrees to 80 degrees. This weekend was 70 degrees, today is 50, thats how it goes..... Fall is incredibly gorgeous early on, temps in the 60s/70s/80s, gorgeous leaf colors and crisp, cool nights. Winters can be crazy... one day it will be 60, the next 30. Usually hovers anywhere from 20-45 degrees on average, with warm stints here and there, and ultra-cold ones as well (single digit highs!!!!). You get everything out here, I like it that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 04:35 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,347,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
But who'd want to live in Oakland?!
people who've actually been there

Old 04-07-2008, 05:15 PM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,946,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I like sunny and blue skies but breezy and cool. Rarely above 75 in the summer or below 45 in the winter.

Yes I live in such an area and consider myself very fortunate.
JW where you come from? Sounds nice, most places with that kind of weather don't have sunny blue skies most of the time lol(like the Pacific northwest and the bay area of California).

My ideal weather is warm most of the year with not too high of humidity, and ocean breezes, which is why i'm moving to San Diego Right now i live in Seattle, which while the most beautiful part of the country imo, has terrible weather. I'm originally from Northwest Arkansas, which has pretty nice weather.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:26 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
Alaska, specifically, the Interior. I can't take hot, humid weather well, though I do like to garden, so it's perfect. Cold most of the year, warm just long enough to grow some things, then back to cold weather. The climate seems good too at keeping many people away, an added benefit. I was born and have lived in VT for a long time, but the climate isn't quite what I want. Too warm and humid in the summer, though winters are nice. Of course climate is not my sole factor in moving/choosing location. Population, laws, taxes, etc., all play a part.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:46 PM

694 posts, read 2,651,580 times
Still looking .... the PNW is close.... I mean the temperatures
on average are perfect for four seasons - Moderate.
Now to nit pick.... a little more snow in the winter...
a little more sunshine too. Having said that the Summers
are by far the best in the country.

good job mother nature.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:57 PM

217 posts, read 346,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
Climate is important to me. I'm very fussy about it.

I hate heat and humidity with a passion that burns deep within my soul and has the red hot intensity of 2,000 burning suns. Anything over 75 and I'm done. (I'm sweet, I melt.) When it's so hot outside it feels like Satan's running naked in the neighborhood, it's just wrong.

I don't mind the cold, though. I've worked outside in -90F! (The old wind chill factor measurement reading.) We have a rule in Minnesota though, "Once it hits -20F, you stop wearing shorts."

When you're cold, you can put on enough clothes, or blankets, to get warm, but when you're hot, you can only take off so much before you get arrested. And even then it doesn't help.

I can prove cold is better than the heat. You never hear of anyone reminiscing about curling up with a good book in front of the air-conditioner.
O really?? well i think that heat is better than cold

Old 04-07-2008, 06:01 PM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,946,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galloway View Post
O really?? well i think that heat is better than cold
I'm going to have to second that lol.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:02 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,774,059 times
Northern California. Unfortunately, everyone already knows that and starter homes cost $1 million.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:10 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,917,160 times
El Paso, Texas has a nice climate. It's high desert, so there is low humidity. Also, the winters are mild. Give El Paso a look-see, you might like it very much. El Paso also has a phenomenally low crime rate.

http://home.elp.rr.com/kendad/images/elpaso_skyline.jpg (broken link)
http://www.arac.com/images/locations/el_paso.jpg (broken link)

Old 04-07-2008, 06:15 PM
j1n j1n started this thread

1,245 posts, read 4,659,601 times
whoa!!
I didn't know that they made mountains like that in TX!
El Paso looks nice!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.