Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 10:27 PM

19 posts, read 19,860 times

Advertisements

Looking for my perfect city. My ideal weather day is 80 degrees with 50% humidity, sunny with scattered clouds and a nice breeze. I dislike the cold and I need humidity(dry air gives me sinus problems) I like a place that isn't anywhere near major transportation hubs(traffic, 100s of cars at every stoplight, cars honking, etc...) type places or huge bustling downtowns. I like a sense of community and a general calmness to everyday life, I love the idea of riding my bike to get groceries or to my job, w/o the chaos that innercities bring. I LOVE the outdoors and easy access to trails and rivers and open green space. All considered, what city do You think I would I enjoy? 2 cities ive experienced that are closest to my ideal place have been Round Rock, TX. Medium sized suburb north of Austin TX, and La Mesa, California, medium sized suburb east of San Diego CA. Thanks all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2019, 10:49 PM

1,965 posts, read 1,268,140 times
Houston and Miami.

Old 03-16-2019, 11:22 PM

333 posts, read 240,176 times
Chattanooga might be too cold for your requirements, but you should consider it. Great town.

Savannah GA or Beaufort SC might also. Maybe Greenville also.

Old 03-17-2019, 08:09 AM

606 posts, read 419,782 times
I just came back from Miami and it fits that description. Yu have nearby affordable counties too. Something for every budget. Only thing is you gotta have a decent job to make it work.

Old 03-17-2019, 08:28 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,406,923 times
It seems like it would be difficult to ride a bike while holding on to groceries. Do you have some kind of basket attached to the bike.

Old 03-17-2019, 09:43 AM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappyJoe View Post
Houston and Miami.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montezia View Post
I just came back from Miami and it fits that description. Yu have nearby affordable counties too. Something for every budget. Only thing is you gotta have a decent job to make it work.
I agree regarding the Miami area. Neighborhoods like Sunny Isles Beach, Surfside, Wynwood, Miami Shores and El Portal are urban villages where getting around on a bike to/from the grocery store and other places would be fairly easy.

Old 03-17-2019, 10:03 AM

7,410 posts, read 6,556,774 times
Add Coconut Grove, Key Biscayne and most of South Beach (South of Fifth, West Ave and Sunset Harbour).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I agree regarding the Miami area. Neighborhoods like Sunny Isles Beach, Surfside, Wynwood, Miami Shores and El Portal are urban villages where getting around on a bike to/from the grocery store and other places would be fairly easy.

Old 03-17-2019, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kombuchaluchador View Post
Chattanooga might be too cold for your requirements, but you should consider it. Great town.

Savannah GA or Beaufort SC might also. Maybe Greenville also.
Ive looked into chattanooga a lot and I like everything I see aside from the relatively low winter temps. Do Savannah, Greenville, or Beaufort have warmer winters? Thanks

Old 03-17-2019, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
It seems like it would be difficult to ride a bike while holding on to groceries. Do you have some kind of basket attached to the bike.
Lol, I wouldn't do any big grocery trips if on my bike, just 2/3 bags worth and id carry them in a backpack. Definitely use my car if I'm buying bulk.

Old 03-17-2019, 08:03 PM

56 posts, read 55,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Localtourist23 View Post
Ive looked into chattanooga a lot and I like everything I see aside from the relatively low winter temps. Do Savannah, Greenville, or Beaufort have warmer winters? Thanks
Yes all are warmer but Greenville is probably the most comparable in terms of temps. Beaufort and Savanna are much warmer in winter being on the coast. Chattanooga sees the most winter weather of all four.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.