Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 11:23 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,480,003 times

Advertisements

TV shows made in Cleveland:

"Hot In Cleveland."

"The Drew Carry Show."

Movies made in Clevland:

"The Fortune Cookie"

" Major League

" A Christmas Story"

TV show made in Portland

" Grimm."

Last edited by Minervah; 03-25-2019 at 12:29 PM.. Reason: Added movies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2019, 11:25 AM

7,416 posts, read 6,581,638 times
I hear ya re: Miami Vice.

More recently, however, Ballers (before they shifted filming to LA); Burn Notice, and CSI Miami....of course, legendary films include Scarface, Godfather II (Hyman Roth’s House), Bad Boys, one of the Fast & Furious (3??), Any Given Sunday, There’s Something About Mary, and Donnie Brasco... did I miss anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Miami :

For TV shows it was Miami Vice and Golden Girls in the 80's that defined the city albeit not truthfully sometimes.

For instance we used to get tourists from Europe who thought that because Sonny Crockett had a alligator on his boat where he lived they thought that the city was swarming with them !

As for the Golden Girls it was a series set in a decade too late because the Senior citizen population in the Miami area was already declining in the 1970's but both shows put Miami on the map.

Old 03-25-2019, 11:27 AM

724 posts, read 562,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
I hear ya re: Miami Vice.

More recently, however, Ballers (before they shifted filming to LA); Burn Notice, and CSI Miami....of course, legendary films include Scarface, Godfather II (Hyman Roth’s House), Bad Boys, one of the Fast & Furious (3??), Any Given Sunday, and Donnie Brasco... did I miss anything?
Video Game: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. 13 year old me loved that game lol. I think one of the Driver games takes place there too.

Old 03-25-2019, 11:30 AM

7,416 posts, read 6,581,638 times
I think we can also add the film Wild Things (think the exclusive neighborhood might have been Coral Gables)....also, The Birdcage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
Video Game: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. 13 year old me loved that game lol. I think one of the Driver games takes place there too.

Old 03-25-2019, 12:58 PM

1,896 posts, read 1,451,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
TV shows made in Cleveland:

"Hot In Cleveland."

"The Drew Carry Show."

Movies made in Clevland:

"The Fortune Cookie"

" Major League

" A Christmas Story"

TV show made in Portland

" Grimm."
Actually, "Major League" wasn't filmed in Cleveland, it was filmed in Milwaukee. They filmed the shots that you see at the beginning, but the rest of it was shot in Milwaukee because by the time that they started filming the old Municipal Stadium had already set up lines for the football field. Plus, Progressive Field hadn't been built yet.

Old 03-25-2019, 03:14 PM

434 posts, read 1,042,426 times
New York City, GTA 3 and GTA 4 are great video games set there. I also agree Bubb Rubb, GTA San Andreas and GTA 5 are great games set in Los Angeles and other parts of California(and Las Vegas for GTA:SA).

Movies for NYC, there are so many, hmm... Goodfellas and Die Hard With A Vengeance I enjoyed a lot.

For Atlanta, my favorite movie set and filmed here is Baby Driver.

Old 03-25-2019, 03:14 PM

724 posts, read 562,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
I think we can also add the film Wild Things (think the exclusive neighborhood might have been Coral Gables)....also, The Birdcage.
Wild Things was a good movie! I haven't seen The Birdcage though.

Miami based movies tend to be pretty fun though. I don't know of any really "serious" type movies or shows taking place there. I know I'm dating myself here, aside from Vice City, I also think of "Bad Boys" when I think of Miami.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericmrtt View Post
New York City, GTA 3 and GTA 4 are great video games set there. I also agree Bubb Rubb, GTA San Andreas and GTA 5 are great games set in Los Angeles and other parts of California(and Las Vegas for GTA:SA).

Movies for NYC, there are so many, hmm... Goodfellas and Die Hard With A Vengeance I enjoyed a lot.

For Atlanta, my favorite movie set and filmed here is Baby Driver.
Ugh, Cousin Roman is still calling me to hang out lol. There are so many NYC-based movies and video games its hard to pick out one, but I'm generally a big fan of the Grand Theft Auto series, and Fallout.

Oh add that to my DC list: Fallout 3 was cool.

Old 03-25-2019, 03:31 PM

434 posts, read 1,042,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
Wild Things was a good movie! I haven't seen The Birdcage though.

Miami based movies tend to be pretty fun though. I don't know of any really "serious" type movies or shows taking place there. I know I'm dating myself here, aside from Vice City, I also think of "Bad Boys" when I think of Miami.

Ugh, Cousin Roman is still calling me to hang out lol. There are so many NYC-based movies and video games its hard to pick out one, but I'm generally a big fan of the Grand Theft Auto series, and Fallout.

Oh add that to my DC list: Fallout 3 was cool.
Same here, I love the GTA series, I think many would agree with us with GTA 3 and GTA 4 being the best video games set there.

Old 03-25-2019, 05:34 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,480,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
Actually, "Major League" wasn't filmed in Cleveland, it was filmed in Milwaukee. They filmed the shots that you see at the beginning, but the rest of it was shot in Milwaukee because by the time that they started filming the old Municipal Stadium had already set up lines for the football field. Plus, Progressive Field hadn't been built yet.
Well you learn something new every day. I thought it was filmed in Cleveland.

Old 03-25-2019, 05:47 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,908,556 times
For TV show it is Frasier, beyond a doubt, though it wasn't shot in Seattle, except for one episode.

Movies shot in Seattle is a long list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...hot_in_Seattle

Of these, I think these seven caught the city the best (chronologically):

It Happened At the World's Fair (Elvis!) 1963
Cinderella Liberty (James Caan) 1974
McQ (John Wayne) 1974
Fabulous Baker Boys (Bridges boys) 1989
Singles 1992
Sleepless in Seattle (Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan) 1993
Disclosure (Michael Douglas/Demi Moore) 1994
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.