Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2019, 08:00 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,383,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Buster View Post
Which cities are you most likely to to get into trouble you didn't cause when you're just having an enjoyable night out? I've found this to be much more prevalent in the Northeast/ Midatlantic than any other regions. Examples would be bar fghts of course, loud arguments, cops roaming through the premisis, tough street people, illegal gambling, mafia activity, and even just a general sense of unease.

I have found this commonly in Philly and Pittsburgh, Baltimore, NYC (mostly parts of Brooklyn although Manhattan on oocasion) . Less so in DC but its definitely there. Chicago seemed like it could have this commonly but I don't have much experience there. Cleveland, a little bit of a feeling of it but never had a bad experience really.

Places I have been to but not enough to really know - the Texas cities, Miami, Seattle, Denver

Been to the Cali cities quite a bit but never saw a big issue with the nightlife.

Keep in mind this is about major nightlife areas, not out of the way rough hoods.
I heard 6th Street in Austin can get rough and krazy at times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2019, 08:38 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,381,699 times
Las Vegas

Old 04-15-2019, 09:54 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Based on my personal experience:

Boston
New Orleans
Memphis
Las Vegas

I wouldn't say that Austin, even on 6th street, is anymore than a wannabe tough spot, though I'm sure you could get into some trouble if you tried hard enough. You can however, get pretty dang drunk down there pretty easily - LOL.

Old 04-17-2019, 08:26 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,974,215 times
Anytime you have a lot of clubs in close proximity of each other, you have problems.

Old 04-21-2019, 08:06 AM

21,637 posts, read 12,773,959 times
Double stabbing in Boston’s downtown crossing.

There was a quadruple stabbing last month.

Woman was kidnapped and murder from outside a DTX club in March. In February a woman was kidnapped drugged and raped thirteen times.

In February a woman was robbed by four. In January a man was chased through downtown crossing in broad day and corners in a Macy’s men’s room.

In November they caught a 16 year old truant BPS student robbing a bank with a gun...

Honestly these are just a few I remember off the top of my head.

Sexual asssault in October followed by a pistol whipping in October.

The commenter yesterday called is the most dangerous section of the city. This is a 3:4 block radius.

A lot of this crime happens during the day but most of it goes unreported at night, this is a major club area.

https://www.universalhub.com/2018/se...ring-crackdown

Old 04-21-2019, 11:29 AM

511 posts, read 400,276 times
Baltimore
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.