Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 05:45 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,078,494 times

Advertisements

There is no one in my family who doesn't like sweet tea! I also grew up on it and still drink it all day long
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 06:26 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,436,974 times
I guess if I try hard enough I can imagine someone not liking good sweet tea...Nahhh!!!, I just can't picture it. Not liking sweet tea to me is like someone who hates being given large amounts of money or having good luck. It doesn't make sense. But to each his own!!

Old 04-27-2008, 06:44 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,085,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
I just can't picture it. Not liking sweet tea to me is like someone who hates being given large amounts of money or having good luck. It doesn't make sense. But to each his own!!
I feel the same way about black licorice. But have enough sense to realize that lots of people don't like it.

Old 04-27-2008, 07:09 PM

13,351 posts, read 39,954,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraper Enthusiast View Post
I think that culture in the US has become more southern in the northern states, and more northern in the southern states. The U.S. is becoming more homogenized, in areas where illegal immigration, and wide-scale legal immigration is not impacting as much.

Places like northern Georgia, Florida, and North Carolina have lost degrees of their southerness over my lifetime.
That is an excellent point. The homogenization of America has brought Northern influences to the South and vice versa.

A mall in suburban Syracuse has pretty much the same stores as a mall in suburban Nashville, and exits along interstates up North have pretty much the same fast food joints as exits along interstates in the South. Our radio stations play pretty much the same music, we watch the same TV shows and see the same movies.

Southern-bred NASCAR is taking over the rest of the country in much the same way that Southerners embraced Northern-bred baseball, basketball and goodness knows football.

So if a Yankee is tired of seeing Southern cultural influences up North, well, get over it. It's happened before (Coke, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, and Dr. Pepper all came from the South, for example) and will happen again.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:05 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
I love sweet tea. I don't understand how anyone can drink unsweetened tea. Absolutley disgusting.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:42 AM

654 posts, read 1,210,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpointer View Post
Here is [url="http://www.newsweek.com/id/134116"]
It would appear that this author believes that the North superior to the South. Do you agree that he is correct?
It would also appear that this author is an arrogant, elitist, crybaby who is just so sure that he knows more than everyone else and cannot get over the fact that most AMERICANS reject Northeastern Marxism and cultural relativism and wants to silence and marginalize those who don't see things his way - as a true leftist always does.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:13 PM
j33

Marxism isn't all that popular in the northeast either. Sounds like you've got your own misperceptions of what goes on up there.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:36 PM

904 posts, read 2,872,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
Marxism isn't all that popular in the northeast either. Sounds like you've got your own misperceptions of what goes on up there.
What do you mean? My entire family of middle-class New Yorkers are Marxists. If we weren't, they'd have run us out of town! Back in grammar school, they had us memorize The Communist Manifesto deface American flags! There's actually a statue of Lenin right on the spot in Lower Manhattan where George Washington was sworn in as the first President. Ah, home....

Old 04-28-2008, 01:00 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,643,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I love sweet tea. I don't understand how anyone can drink unsweetened tea. Absolutley disgusting.
Sweet tea is good, but I thought the Euros put milk in their tea. To me the idea of mixing a dairy product with tea is digusting, it's like putting strawberry jam on a suasage biscut. Disgusting! Oh yeah, the article was funny.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:01 PM
j33

Nice one. I always get a kick out of the misperceptions of new yorkers, some of the most conservative curmudgeons in my family were from the Bronx.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.