Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2008, 08:26 PM

29 posts, read 40,039 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am new and realize there are a million and one questions from people asking for help in relocating. I am doing this as well.
However, there are some specifics that might be challenging to some of you. I currently live in So. Cal. My fiance' is immigrating here from Holland. We are looking for a city or town in a western state where we can live that 1) I can have horses on my property, 2) We can run a tattoo and bike shop on our property, 3) That is no so far away from a city that people would not want to drive out, 4) That has no strict tattooing laws regulating the running of such a place. He has done tattooing for over 20 yrs, and while abiding by the health codes is not a problem, his having to go back to school for several hours for a certificate is (ala California), 5) Is not so expensive that day to day living is a complete struggle (ala most of California) and finally 8) We are bikers and love riding weather...so a place that isn't snowing or raining a good part of the year would be ideal.

I realize this is a tall order. LOL. We have been searching for about 6 months now. HELP!

Thanks!
-Blu-

Last edited by Wyld Blu; 05-13-2008 at 08:35 PM.. Reason: Forgot the weather!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 11:35 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,919,071 times
How about right next door? Nevada could be a good bet. Las Vegas is very tattoo-friendly, and there are tons of equestrians out here (especially in the northwest corner). Costs of living are much cheaper than CA too.

Aside from that...maybe Albuquerque or Phoenix?

Old 05-14-2008, 12:11 AM

29 posts, read 40,039 times
Hi,
We have been looking in Gardnerville, and Yerington and even Stagecoach. However, they seem so far off the beaten path that nobody would ever want to drive out for a tattoo or get their bike worked on. LOL. I have also looked in northern AZ...haven't found much yet.

-Blu

Old 05-14-2008, 08:27 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,919,071 times
Flagstaff, maybe? It's a college town, so the demand for tattoos should be high enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.