Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2021, 01:48 PM

12,157 posts, read 7,985,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
North NJ is so dense though a place like Fort Lee is effectively integrated with a yhe dozens of tiny adjacent communities and is relatively racially mixed anyway.
Yeah but you dont really leave them all that much. If you live in Fort Lee, its rare you are integrating with residents from Englewood Cliffs, Washington Heights or the Hudson Line towns bar Palisades Park.

The Asian American community in the SW part of North Jersey is much much much more integrated as many of these groups have been here for decades and have acclimated into local culture via through long time exposure or association with Rutgers or Princeton.

Yesterday I was in Robbinsville NJ and met a whole group of Indian American trump supporters downtown. Like groups of couples. Lmao.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2021, 02:19 PM

824 posts, read 711,683 times
Quote:
Boston is up there.

Asian mayor-elect (Taiwanese), 11.3% of the city (by far the highest of any major eastern city not named NYC
Not saying I disagree with your overall point about Boston, but if we are talking about eastern cities, St. Paul is the highest outside of NYC at 19.2%. If you combine Minneapolis and St. Paul together it’s basically right at 11.3.

Old 11-03-2021, 02:25 PM

12,157 posts, read 7,985,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeasterner1970 View Post
Not saying I disagree with your overall point about Boston, but if we are talking about eastern cities, St. Paul is the highest outside of NYC at 19.2%. If you combine Minneapolis and St. Paul together it’s basically right at 11.3.
Minneapolis is Midwest. Thats not what he was referring to.

Old 11-03-2021, 02:50 PM

824 posts, read 711,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Minneapolis is Midwest. Thats not what he was referring to.
They stated eastern, not northeast or east coast.

Old 11-03-2021, 03:14 PM

21,628 posts, read 12,727,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeasterner1970 View Post
right forgot about St. Paul. But it's not Eastern really. It's west of the mississipi.

Old 11-03-2021, 07:28 PM

2,991 posts, read 3,418,154 times
Seattle and the Eastside burbs feel way more Asian integrated than Boston and Greater Boston despite a decent percentage of Asian population in Boston. Boston area still feels very much Irish and everybody else.

Old 11-03-2021, 07:49 PM

1,347 posts, read 876,915 times
Quote:
right forgot about St. Paul. But it's not Eastern really. It's west of the mississipi.
St. Paul isn't west of the Mississippi and is in the eastern third of the country

Old 11-03-2021, 07:54 PM

25,693 posts, read 12,779,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid3785 View Post
Certainly not the most, but I'll just mention the NE Atlanta metro. Lots of Indians and Koreans in particular, integrated into the general metro area. I'm speaking about places like Duluth, Suwanee, Johns Creek, Alpharetta, Cumming, East Cobb
My upscale neighborhood in Suwanee of 400+ homes, was ~20% North Korean. North Gwinnet H.S. is ~20% Korean too. They elevated the school ratings in our cluster, but they mostly kept to themselves socially.

Old 11-04-2021, 06:30 AM

3,715 posts, read 3,695,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaszilla View Post
St. Paul isn't west of the Mississippi and is in the eastern third of the country
Lived in St. Paul suburbs for 20+ years. No one even remotely considers it eastern. There is a huge Hmong & Karen refugee population there, however I wouldn't say they are really well integrated. Mostly clustered around the Como, Frogtown, and Phalen/East. St. Paul areas.

Old 11-04-2021, 06:31 AM

3,715 posts, read 3,695,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
My upscale neighborhood in Suwanee of 400+ homes, was ~20% North Korean. North Gwinnet H.S. is ~20% Korean too. They elevated the school ratings in our cluster, but they mostly kept to themselves socially.
Yes, my son is Korean and daughter Indian, and even over in East Cobb, their school has a sizeable South and East Asian (mostly Korean) population. No doubt both have elevated the school ratings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.