Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2008, 08:05 PM

112 posts, read 259,784 times

Advertisements

I am a 22yr College Grad. with a BS in Information Technology/Network Administrator. I am Microsoft, A+, C++, and Cisco Certified. I am wondering as to what city I should move to for the best possible Career Outlook. I had my choices narrowed to San Francisco and the Raleigh Triangle Area, But I am open to suggestions. Some of my friends have mentioned NYC, Miami, Houston, L.A, Charlotte and Chicago. If it helps, I was born and raised on the East Coast of Central Florida.

Thanx,
tothehilt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2008, 08:32 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,924,733 times
The Bay Area and Raleigh both have good markets, as far as computers go. The Bay Area will likely be more vibrant and have cooler weather, but it's also significantly more expensive. Raleigh is growing and becoming more vibrant by the day and is very affordable.

Raleigh might be the better choice if money is a factor.

Austin, TX might be another good option to look at.

Old 05-25-2008, 08:53 PM

1,197 posts, read 4,784,951 times
The bay area would definitely be a good choice, although most of the jobs would likely be south bay near San Jose.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:16 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,110,293 times
Besides work that you want, there are so many matters to consider in choosing a place to move to!

First, have you looked at the wealth of statistical info available in City-Data? In the upper left corner, click on "City-Data.com" and that whole site will come up.

Then, so many things will affect your happiness. What kind of place will you feel happy in? When you look at the stats, you might want to start making lists of what your important factors are in choosing a location, such as:
climate
cost and availability of rentals or real estate
nearness of groceries, and other shopping
commuter traffic
medical facilities
entertainment/activities/sports/internet/cable TV
public transportation
places of worship
community togetherness or not
degree of isolation during mid-winter or mid-summer months
nearness to big-city facilities
and whatever else interests you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.