Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2023, 09:21 PM

2,341 posts, read 2,291,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenworthy53 View Post
Rainbow flags certainly wouldn't be out of place in OKC's gay district, which is well anchored by the nation's largest gay hotel, the District Hotel, formerly the Habana Inn. One of Oklahoma City's council members is gay and recently got the main street of the district totally redone and repaved streets around the hotel.

Someone mentioned Tulsa. Yes, it's definitely more strongly conservative and also more Christian than OKC.
It looks like Tulsa is more dense/urban than OKC so it seems to win either way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2023, 10:04 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,601,915 times
I wonder what "dense" means to people who say Phoenix or Oklahoms City.

Old 02-17-2023, 06:47 AM

2,751 posts, read 2,421,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joakim3 View Post
The greater metro for sure, the city itself? No. Nor would I call Miami particular urban in the context of this thread
Miami the city is rather dense, certainly for a southern metro and unarguably denser than Phoenix or Jacksonville.

Generally speaking, you won’t find many Republicans or conservatives in denser city centers anymore.

Old 02-17-2023, 07:12 AM

13 posts, read 16,034 times
Fort Worth, Texas. When we attended a symphony concert, they played the national anthem!

Old 02-17-2023, 08:11 AM

5,484 posts, read 3,926,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post
It means that there are no other responses that come to mind

Old 02-17-2023, 08:23 AM

12,840 posts, read 9,567,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
It means that there are no other responses that come to mind
Save Denver, Austin and Asheville, I know I'm missing some, most of flyover country is fairly conservative. It's the BosWash corridor and the west coast, I'm talking LA to Seattle that's super liberal. Most other places you will find very solid conservative pockets.

Old 02-17-2023, 11:59 AM

27 posts, read 24,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post
I mean those answers just don’t mean anything, because those places are “cities” in name only. And somewhere like phoenix has to be like 2/3 transplants?

Old 02-17-2023, 12:12 PM

834 posts, read 454,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Save Denver, Austin and Asheville, I know I'm missing some, most of flyover country is fairly conservative. It's the BosWash corridor and the west coast, I'm talking LA to Seattle that's super liberal. Most other places you will find very solid conservative pockets.
Almost all of the biggest cities in “flyover country” are liberal. Chicago, Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, Minneapolis, etc. are also liberal. You can find conservative pockets in their suburbs but less likely for the city itself. Though there are minor geographic differences, it’s much more an urban and suburban/rural divide than a geographic one.

Old 02-17-2023, 12:52 PM

846 posts, read 682,980 times
You probably won't find many conservative cities. But there are a lot of mixed/centrist cities (i.e. Salt Lake City).

Old 02-17-2023, 01:08 PM

6,799 posts, read 4,243,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokehousecheddar View Post
I mean those answers just don’t mean anything, because those places are “cities” in name only. And somewhere like phoenix has to be like 2/3 transplants?

City/suburb is a pretty fleeting difference in America anyway. Many suburbs are officially 'cities' and many cities both big and small have large sections that have essentially suburban features. Some people are childish enough to think that having some buildings above 300 ft is what a city needs to count as a city, but of course that has nothing to do with the actual characteristics of a city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.