Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 04:49 AM

4 posts, read 20,327 times

Advertisements

Hey,

I've been really interested in the United States ever since I was a little kid, and the obsession has only been growing. So I was thinking, maybe I should visit the USA when I finish College. Sounds like a plan, right? Anyways, the plan sounds rather easy but the hardest part for me is finding a state that I'd really love to visit, I mean, every state has its up and downsides. I've come to the conclusion though, that I would not want to visit California. I've heard it's also called the "Satan belt", I as a Christian do not really like that, lol. But hey that might just be stereotyping/generalizing, so yeah..

What would be a nice state to visit for a period of 1 or 2, maybe 3 months? I was looking at South Dakota a while back and it's beautifull! But heres the thing: I'm sick and tired of Europe, especially the Netherlands. I guess you guys hear this alot... But I'm not going into detail right now. Anyways, I want to visit a state, where I might be able to find a job in the IT (system administrator) sector, and pherhaps find an employer that's willing to help me get a greencard and so on. (I know that wont be easy)

So the real question would be: What would be a nice state, with beautifull nature, not too crowded, low crime rate, low black population (I'm no racist, but I'm not that down with the entire yo whattup gangsta thing), with a decent amount of employers in the IT sector and a low/decent cost of living. If you could name a city aswell, that'd be highly appreciated.

What do I mean by beautifull nature?; Hills, lakes, nice and sunny during summers, pherhaps snow during the winters.

I know this question might be kinda hard to answer but I will appreciate any answers I will get, and I thought this would be the best place to ask.
Thanks in advance,

Dennis

Last edited by Bo; 12-02-2008 at 04:19 PM.. Reason: Updated title to better explain the topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 06:50 AM

Sorry for the bump, but; anybody?

Old 11-24-2008, 06:53 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,397,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazgul View Post
Hey,

I've been really interested in the United States ever since I was a little kid, and the obsession has only been growing. So I was thinking, maybe I should visit the USA when I finish College. Sounds like a plan, right? Anyways, the plan sounds rather easy but the hardest part for me is finding a state that I'd really love to visit, I mean, every state has its up and downsides. I've come to the conclusion though, that I would not want to visit California. I've heard it's also called the "Satan belt", I as a Christian do not really like that, lol. But hey that might just be stereotyping/generalizing, so yeah..

What would be a nice state to visit for a period of 1 or 2, maybe 3 months? I was looking at South Dakota a while back and it's beautifull! But heres the thing: I'm sick and tired of Europe, especially the Netherlands. I guess you guys hear this alot... But I'm not going into detail right now. Anyways, I want to visit a state, where I might be able to find a job in the IT (system administrator) sector, and pherhaps find an employer that's willing to help me get a greencard and so on. (I know that wont be easy)

So the real question would be: What would be a nice state, with beautifull nature, not too crowded, low crime rate, low black population (I'm no racist, but I'm not that down with the entire yo whattup gangsta thing), with a decent amount of employers in the IT sector and a low/decent cost of living. If you could name a city aswell, that'd be highly appreciated.

What do I mean by beautifull nature?; Hills, lakes, nice and sunny during summers, pherhaps snow during the winters.

I know this question might be kinda hard to answer but I will appreciate any answers I will get, and I thought this would be the best place to ask.
Thanks in advance,

Dennis
Aye Yo'- Please stay where you at yo'- God knows we have enough bigots in America already....No need for a foreign one

Old 11-24-2008, 08:00 AM

lmao

seriously though I'm not that down with the entire gangsta thing... and it seems asif nearly every black person under the age of 30 is into it... no need to call me a bigot I hold nothing against them I rather just not be around them

Old 11-24-2008, 08:11 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,844,527 times
I am not into the gangster thing either and neither are most blacks. Unless you actually approach a bunch of gangbangers in the inner city and say "I'm in!" then you typically can avoid these types anywhere you go in the states.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:06 AM

I guess you're right... Anyone has any answers to my questions though?

Old 12-19-2008, 12:39 PM

767 posts, read 2,066,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazgul View Post
lmao

seriously though I'm not that down with the entire gangsta thing... and it seems asif nearly every black person under the age of 30 is into it... no need to call me a bigot I hold nothing against them I rather just not be around them

I don't know if it is stupidity or what, but you just keep digging yourself in deeper with each comment you make, having proven to all of us that yes, you ARE a racist! I hope you don't come to my state. God knows we can do without another racist like yourself.

Old 12-19-2008, 03:35 PM

1,020 posts, read 2,755,182 times
Wow...this thread has a lot wrong with it.

1. Not all young black people speak Ebonics (gangster slang)...and lots of young white/yellow/brown folks do. Not wanting to be around Ebonics doesn't make you a racist, but this isn't a racial, it's more about location. Avoid inner-city places and suburban American youth (picket-fence gangsters).

2. California is not a 'Satan' belt, nor is it crowded. California has some very dense urban areas with lots of crime/sin, but also has vast tracts of rural, Christian America (especially Northern California).

3. If you're looking for an inexpensive state with a few good Christians and lots of natural beauty, consider Alaska (and I doubt very many people speak Ebonics). I have no idea what the IT job market is like up there, but you can always become a roughneck. It would certainly help you build character.

Old 12-19-2008, 05:46 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
Aye Yo'- Please stay where you at yo'- God knows we have enough bigots in America already....No need for a foreign one
Uh, proper English please, we have enough people who can't speak correctly in this country!

In response to the OP, I would suggest Alabama, Oregon, Montana, Kentucky, Tennessee for what the OP is looking for.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:25 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,565,938 times
Texas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.