Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2010, 08:50 AM

9 posts, read 18,513 times

Advertisements

Blessed day to you all I'm from the Caribbean, Trinidad and Tobago to be exact and would like to relocate to the US. I have two kids the boy is 1yr and the girl is three, so can any one suggest a state that has good schools, low crime area... cost of living is fairly cheap in terms of renting and so fort .. and most of all one flight to go back to the Caribbean when ever i need to getaway to relax in the sun and sea..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 09:32 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,644,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triniboy0606 View Post
Blessed day to you all I'm from the Caribbean, Trinidad and Tobago to be exact and would like to relocate to the US. I have two kids the boy is 1yr and the girl is three, so can any one suggest a state that has good schools, low crime area... cost of living is fairly cheap in terms of renting and so fort .. and most of all one flight to go back to the Caribbean when ever i need to getaway to relax in the sun and sea..

I would recommend metro Atlanta. Cost of living here is cheap; however, you will still get the "big city" amenities.

The schools are great in most locales. The best schools in the metro area can be found in Fayette, Cobb, Fulton, DeKalb, and Gwinnett Counties in my opinion.

Our airport (Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson) is the busiest airport in the world; therefore, we have an unprecedented amount of nonstop flights to the Caribbean as well as other places that you may be interested in.

If Atlanta is your choice, there are a couple of cities that I suggest you reserach within the metro area: Duluth, Lawrenceville, Alpharetta, Peachtree City, Dunwoody, Decatur, Marietta, Vinings, Sandy Springs, and Johns Creek. There are more, but the suggested cities above would be a great start.

There are many Caribbean stores and restaurants in metro Atlanta as well as Caribbean people. You will not feel alone here as metro Atlanta is very diverse and liberal.

Click the link for more information on metro Atlanta: Atlanta metropolitan area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:33 AM

726 posts, read 2,148,235 times
I agree, Atlanta is a great choice and the weather won't be as shocking to adjust to as anything further north. But it will be colder!

Old 01-15-2010, 09:57 AM

22 posts, read 19,969 times
The OP stated that he wanted a low crime area. So that knocks Atlanta off the list already.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:50 AM

155 posts, read 197,058 times
I would also recommend Atlanta. Plus they have direct flights to Trinidad.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:42 PM

9 posts, read 18,513 times
Thank you so much peoples i'll do some research and weight my options..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.