Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 12:27 AM

1,302 posts, read 2,954,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angorlee View Post
As I read post I always come across people who judge a place on how racially diverse it is. Most posts indicate a negative social climate to a place if it is too white. I find the more people are alike racially the more people seem to get along with less tension and all the problems that come with multiculturism. This has nothing to do with racism because I don't hate other races since every race has their good and bad elements. But it seems those people who are in love with diversity are following a politically correct mode of thinking.
But wouldn't you agree that most posts also indicate a negative social climate if a place is too black, or too Latino as well? Remember that many other people would have a problem living in such a place, just as some people would not prefer a place that's "too white"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 12:09 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,308,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
There usually does need to be some shared values for multi-culturalism to work. I think this is part of why America emphasized patriotism so much. We don't have any unity in religion or ethnicity so the idea of the nation, and loyalty to it, reduces or overrides other loyalties that could cause conflicts.
You are probably right on your shared value theory with the emphasis of patriotism. But likeness of blood is always the deepest shared value of a people. Nations come and go but blood remains the bottom line in shared values.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:29 PM

118 posts, read 139,634 times
Quote:
the problem is that multi-culturism seems to work for a time but it doesn't take much to for that multi-cultural setting to turn into a real racial mess with violence the result. Everywhere in the world where multi-culurism exits has eventually turned into places with tension and hatred and even war. Sri Lanka is one example where people got along until they mixed politics with racial questions and the result was a long civil war. People used to point to Maylasia as a place where multi-culturism worked. But then things changed as they always do in a multi-cultural society and now the ethnic groups are at each others throats. It doesn't take much to trigger an inter racial conflict in a multi-cultural setting. Just one rape or murder will send the tension sky hight. So who wants to live around that possibility? We have seen that happen in U.S. already and there will be more coming you can count on that. So everyone pick where they want to live and I have no complaints about that. But don't tell me that I have a problem because I choose not to live in a multi-cultural society.
Every society has been violent in the past in some point. Multi-cultural, uni-cultural -human beings are an violent animal. In the USA I see no problems with Hawaii or California-America's most multicultural states. What have we seen in the USA that I can count on to happen in the future?

And I don't give a **** where you live. There are plenty of white burbs for you to chose from but we both know you want the USA as a whole not to be "multicultural." Again, you pussyfooted around my question-what specific negatives do you have against multiculturalism? How has it specifically negatively impacted you.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
You are probably right on your shared value theory with the emphasis of patriotism. But likeness of blood is always the deepest shared value of a people. Nations come and go but blood remains the bottom line in shared values.
Shared 'blood' didn't stop Croats/Serbs/Bosniaks from killing each other. We are the same people but Bosniaks were willing to kill Serbs with Pakistani/Afghani mercenaries because they are both Muslim even though Bosniaks and Serbs are basically the same people by blood. Croats were willing to turn to Germans/Austrians mercenaries because they are both Catholic and Serbs to Greeks/Russians because we are both Orthodox Christian. Shared blood didn't seem all important to us, nor did shared language, nor did the fact we look the same. In fact a 'Serb' and 'Croat' living in Vukovar probably share more 'blood' than that Serb does to any Serb living in Belgrade or that Croat to any Croat living in Dubrovnik yet that didn't prevent this Serb to pick up arms for Serbs far away that he never met and the same with that Croat.

As a Serb it'd be dangerous for me to walk in many parts of Bosnia. They won't know I'm a Serb until I admit it for I'll look more or less like everyone there, have a similar enough name and besides regional slang and intonations speak the same language. A Muslim from Saudi Arabia would be more than welcomed though, even though appearance wise he'll stick out like a sore thumb. So will a Black Muslim from Africa. No real shared blood here just shared values.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:05 PM

434 posts, read 1,166,942 times
Racial diversity brings different thoughts, viewpoints, and cultural offerings to the table. So for me, racially diversity is a good thing. Is it a requirement for where I live? Not necessarily.

What I do prefer in a city/town is more open-minded and common sense-minded people of any/all races.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:37 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,596,624 times
Quote:
I think that's only true if the individuals deem themselves a family and even then it's not that true. If it were there would have been no civil wars in ethnically monolithic societies and that's not the case. The Republic of Ireland I think went into a virtual civil war in the 1920s over politics, the RoI was mostly Irish Catholics.

In regular life I'm sure several people have a blood relative they get a long with much poorer than they do an unrelated member of a different ethnic group. I'm not sure I do, but it's plausible I like my Burmese priest better than some second-cousin I never met.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanProgovac View Post
Every society has been violent in the past in some point. Multi-cultural, uni-cultural -human beings are an violent animal. In the USA I see no problems with Hawaii or California-America's most multicultural states. What have we seen in the USA that I can count on to happen in the future?

And I don't give a **** where you live. There are plenty of white burbs for you to chose from but we both know you want the USA as a whole not to be "multicultural." Again, you pussyfooted around my question-what specific negatives do you have against multiculturalism? How has it specifically negatively impacted you.
Where have you been hiding? You see no problems with CA or Hawaii. Ever hear of Rodney King riots. That was a race riot. And Watts before that was a race riot. And there is a low key black/brown civil war going on in LA. And Armenians and Mexicans have been in violent struggles. Not to mention Asian gangs that attack anyone who is different from them. Wake up! As far as Hawaii goes there is a kill howy day. A howy is a white mainlander. And there has been racial violence in Hawaii.

As far as my not wanting America to multi-cultural I know that America will always be multi-cultural since no one going to send non whites out of the country. Foolish to even think that. But maybe sometime in the future I might be a white nationalist which is a white that wants an all white area where white culture can survive un molested. There is a strong yet unspoken movement in that direction now in America. Millions of whites want there own area which they can call their own.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanProgovac View Post
Shared 'blood' didn't stop Croats/Serbs/Bosniaks from killing each other. We are the same people but Bosniaks were willing to kill Serbs with Pakistani/Afghani mercenaries because they are both Muslim even though Bosniaks and Serbs are basically the same people by blood. Croats were willing to turn to Germans/Austrians mercenaries because they are both Catholic and Serbs to Greeks/Russians because we are both Orthodox Christian. Shared blood didn't seem all important to us, nor did shared language, nor did the fact we look the same. In fact a 'Serb' and 'Croat' living in Vukovar probably share more 'blood' than that Serb does to any Serb living in Belgrade or that Croat to any Croat living in Dubrovnik yet that didn't prevent this Serb to pick up arms for Serbs far away that he never met and the same with that Croat.

As a Serb it'd be dangerous for me to walk in many parts of Bosnia. They won't know I'm a Serb until I admit it for I'll look more or less like everyone there, have a similar enough name and besides regional slang and intonations speak the same language. A Muslim from Saudi Arabia would be more than welcomed though, even though appearance wise he'll stick out like a sore thumb. So will a Black Muslim from Africa. No real shared blood here just shared values.
No doubt that every race have had their internal squabbles that sometimes led to a civil war. But what I am talking about is the conflict surrounding multi-cultural societies. I can name so many place around the globe where multi-cultural conflicts are happening right now that I won't list them. The point I am making is that why try to make something work that obviously doesn't as shown by the imperical proof that I just mentioned. Notice that they never say 'diversity is our strength' anymore. They don't say that now because its so obviously false. Anyway they never really told us who that 'our' is in that statement. Its not the strength in our tension filled multi-cutural cities. Its a drag on progress and peaceful living.

Some people say they feel just fine living in a multi-cultural society and they may be true now. But like the weather things always change and all it takes is one inter racial violent act for that fine living feeling to change to fear for ones life.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:30 PM

3,235 posts, read 8,730,634 times
Quote:
No doubt that every race have had their internal squabbles that sometimes led to a civil war. But what I am talking about is the conflict surrounding multi-cultural societies. I can name so many place around the globe where multi-cultural conflicts are happening right now that I won't list them. The point I am making is that why try to make something work that obviously doesn't as shown by the imperical proof that I just mentioned. Notice that they never say 'diversity is our strength' anymore. They don't say that now because its so obviously false. Anyway they never really told us who that 'our' is in that statement. Its not the strength in our tension filled multi-cutural cities. Its a drag on progress and peaceful living.

Some people say they feel just fine living in a multi-cultural society and they may be true now. But like the weather things always change and all it takes is one inter racial violent act for that fine living feeling to change to fear for ones life.
You don't make sense. You admit that every race has had internal squabbles but only single out the multi cultural ones for being wrong.
If you look at the big picture, every society, multi cultural and non multi cultural has the same issues.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Where have you been hiding? You see no problems with CA or Hawaii. Ever hear of Rodney King riots. That was a race riot. And Watts before that was a race riot. And there is a low key black/brown civil war going on in LA. And Armenians and Mexicans have been in violent struggles. Not to mention Asian gangs that attack anyone who is different from them. Wake up! As far as Hawaii goes there is a kill howy day. A howy is a white mainlander. And there has been racial violence in Hawaii.
For one the LA riots were not a problem of multiculturalism. American Blacks are culturally American just like you are.

I don't see any violent struggles between Armenians and Mexicans or Asian gangs that attack anyone who isn't "Asian" LOL someone is watching too many movies.

As far as Hawaii goes it's one the most peaceful crime free places in the USA. I spent 5 months on Maui and while there are some low-level tensions between native Islanders and throngs of people who descend to the island over the summer it isn't anything like you're making it out to be. In general Hawaiians of all cultures and races get along, intermarry and form friendships. I never been to a place in the US where race seems to matter as little as Hawaii. I remember reading Hawaiians also have the highest life expectancy in the USA.

Quote:
As far as my not wanting America to multi-cultural I know that America will always be multi-cultural since no one going to send non whites out of the country. Foolish to even think that. But maybe sometime in the future I might be a white nationalist which is a white that wants an all white area where white culture can survive un molested. There is a strong yet unspoken movement in that direction now in America. Millions of whites want there own area which they can call their own.
Man, you are a "white nationalist" now and I knew from day one when you were pussyfooting around multiculturalism. Just admit it, you'll have my respect if not my liking. I prefer a man who can look me in the eye and speak his mind instead of be evasive and passive-aggressive like you were being.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.