Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2008, 11:23 AM

1 posts, read 2,432 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Griffin in about a week and have a couple of questions that I have not seen on here, I have never lived in a town or city with a pop. of over 2000 before, the town I am moving from has not even one stop light,
I am very used to driving to shop, so that is not a big deal,
My questions have to do with if there is a Native American pop. in the area. This is the 1st time that I will be away from an area that is not in a Native American hub,
I am sure I am in for a huge cultuarl shock I just hope and pray that I find and make friends fast. Thanks to all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 09:30 PM

100 posts, read 485,706 times
Griffin, which is about 50 miles South of Atlanta is mostly white and black. I recall seeing some Hispanics live in the area as well. My guess is the Native American population is very minimal. It has a small town feel to it, because it is on the outer fringes of metro Atlanta (like an exurb). I have close friends who live there, so I go down that way a few times a year.

It has several traffic lights, lots of shopping and you can get mostly what you need within Griffin.

Just now noticing how old this thread is.

It sounds like you are there by now, let us know what you think when you get the opportunity.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:48 PM

19 posts, read 74,330 times
My husband and I are thinking of moving to Griffin area in the next year. We are retired and have found affordable housing here on the internet. I have read negative comments, but if you don't need the schools and shopping is OK, what's wrong with the area. We can drive to Atlanta for the big events but want a community with golf (found the course we want), a few nice restaurants and some shopping. Is crime high? Are the people a mixture of locals and others from around the country? We're in Southern Georgia now and feel like outsides. After 2.5 years, we still don't feel a part of the community. Tough to break in. Don't want this on our next move. Just half-way friendly neighbors who have left the state of Georgia once or twice. Is the crime high. From the index, it looks like it is steadily improving. Anyone with help on this one??? Thanks

Old 09-21-2010, 03:25 PM

5 posts, read 20,577 times
I'm chippewa indian, and to be honest, there really isn't much natives here. There are a few cherokee, and you'll reconize a native face every once in a while, but I think my sis and I are the only Chippewa in Griffin!!! If you need any work done on your new home, check out my landlords site at Lawn Care (http://iriscityimaging.com/griffincityservices - broken link) He does a little bit of everything, and he's got some great deals on rent, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia