Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2010, 04:47 PM

3 posts, read 7,160 times

Advertisements

I am writing to get some feedback on the Johnson Ferry Road and Riverside Drive area of Marietta, GA. I plan to relocate to Marietta, Ga, in approximately one month as it is a heavy commute from my current residence in Dekalb County to Marietta, GA. I have driven around Marietta near Riverside Drive and Johnson Ferry Road several times. I was very pleased with the area as it has wonderful natural surroundings, and more importantly, it seems safe and everyone seems helpful. I am a single mom with a daughter who has special needs. I will need an apartment as I live on a budget. I've strongly considered the Walton at Columns Drive apartment (off Columns Drive and Johnson Ferry Road) community as it is in my price range, and within proximity to my workplace. Any assistance on the following would be highly appreciated:

1. Is this a fairly low crime rate area (no major crimes, such as murder and so on)?
2. Is the elementary school decent in terms of academic preparation, caring teachers, and service for students with special needs?
3. Is anyone familiar with the Walton at Columns Drive apartment community?
4. Are there any "mommy networks" and/or a good selection of Christian churches?

As I know this is a lot of questions, any assistance you can provide would be highly, highly appreciated (especially if you live in the apartment community or near the community).

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2010, 12:46 PM

6 posts, read 13,672 times
1. Is this a fairly low crime rate area (no major crimes, such as murder and so on)?
Yes, crime rate is fairly low. Good area for families.
2. Is the elementary school decent in terms of academic preparation, caring teachers, and service for students with special needs?
Yes, Sope Creek is elementary school for this area. Others in East Cobb are great too.

Yes, live there, only apt. community in this area. Reasonable rent amount, standard amenities. Mostly family residents, and pretty quiet. Plan to move into house later down Johnson Ferry--may want to consider if in your budget.

4. Are there any "mommy networks" and/or a good selection of Christian churches?
Yes, wide variety of churches in this area. Drive further down johnson ferry road to see various churches.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:41 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,191,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user.name.password View Post
Yes, crime rate is fairly low. Good area for families.
Yes, Sope Creek is elementary school for this area. Others in East Cobb are great too.

Yes, live there, only apt. community in this area. Reasonable rent amount, standard amenities. Mostly family residents, and pretty quiet. Plan to move into house later down Johnson Ferry--may want to consider if in your budget.

Yes, wide variety of churches in this area. Drive further down johnson ferry road to see various churches.
Agree with everything stated here, except for #4 which I know nothing about.

We lived for 30 days in the apartments you mention (they were called River Heights Apts at the time) while we house hunted and waited to close on our home back in 2007.

This is one of the nicest areas in all of metro Atlanta with possibly the best public schools in the state. The apartments had some less than classy folks, but nothing unusual for a large apartment complex.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:50 AM

4 posts, read 31,513 times
Default Walton at Columns Drive

I've lived in the community for a year and just signed a new lease for an additional 7 months. I am a single mother with 3 children, one with special needs that attends Sope Creek and we love it! Walton Communities is lovely and they have these wonderful monthly get togethers for single parents. They are very involved with their residents and have been caring and kind to my family. Sope Creek, Dickerson and Walton HS are the best schools in the state. I too live on a budget and East Cobb can be expensive but very much worth it. I haven't heard of any criminal activities in the area, it's very safe. I plan on renting a house in the area when my lease is up, if you go on craigslist you can find a few affordable houses in district. As far as churches there are many to choose from, I attend Cumberland Community Church along with some other residents. All in all it is a fabulous place to raise a family. I know how important it is to find a great school for your daughter and Sope Creek is an AMAZING school for children with Special Needs. I couldn't of moved to a better area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia