Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2006, 06:57 PM

17 posts, read 140,821 times

Advertisements

Is St Simons Island a nice place to raise a family? I have been only once when my husband was taking a class at FLETC and we enjoyed the island very much. We may be looking at relocating to that area in the next year. Does anyone know about the schools on the island? Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2006, 07:11 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,160,511 times
We are relocating next week to south Georgia. My husband will be working on Saint Simon Island. The Island is very nice. Alot of Golf Courses. Very Beautiful. I have been there several times in the past 10 years. Nice quiet, seems safe area. We always felt very comfortable there.
We were there this past July. We considered living on the island, but opted to be a bit farther away. We are looking for a more open space area. We currently live in S.E. Florida, and are looking to get out of the rat race. We will be about 30 min. from the Island.
From what I remember our realtor telling us about schools...... I'm not sure about elementary and middle schools, but high school would be Glynn County High School. It is not on the island. I hope this helps you some.
By the way, where are you coming from? And what age are your children?

Old 09-07-2006, 09:10 AM

17 posts, read 140,821 times
Hi, thanks for responding. We are coming from Tucson and are trying to get out of the rat race as well. My kids are only 3 and 11/2. I know there is an elementary school on the island, I just didn't know much about it. Do you anything about the town of Brunswick? I appreciate any information! As I said, I have only been to the island once...and it is beautiful. And all the people we met were so friendly, it almost seems too good to be true!

Old 09-07-2006, 09:15 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,160,511 times
I am going to pm you.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:56 AM

12 posts, read 62,132 times
Default st. simon's island

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmommy View Post
Is St Simons Island a nice place to raise a family? I have been only once when my husband was taking a class at FLETC and we enjoyed the island very much. We may be looking at relocating to that area in the next year. Does anyone know about the schools on the island? Any information would be greatly appreciated!
St. Simon's Island has 2 private schools that I know of: Fredrica Academy and Whitfield Academy. I think Fredrica goes all the way to 12th grade, but Whitfield does not. The island is nice, but lots of people I know who live or lived there say it's getting too crowded and they wind up moving to Brunswick or a neighboring town. I know homes and land are very expensive. Jesup is a smaller town 40 miles north with a very laid back atmosphere, friendly people, good schools, and reasonable prices for homes and land, although prices are going up here, too. It's a 4 lane highway from Jesup to Brunswick, so the commute is only about 40 minutes and very peaceful. Also, if you live in Jesup there is a great christian school, very reasonable, 10 minutes away in Ludowici if you're interested.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:39 AM

1 posts, read 5,169 times
I am a single mother of three and a ICU/telemetry nurse. This summer I am going to start travel nursing and want to do my first assignment in or around st. simons island..My kids are 8,12, 14..We are coming from WV and need to have a change in our life. Possibly relocating if we like it..Any advise?

Old 01-04-2012, 12:25 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,533,867 times
From a guys point of veiw, I have been there and researched The area for years, St. Simons has a great back ground and byjust a few other islands, they border the city of Brunswick which is where you should go when you want to shop or get away from the water for a while. Brunswick is also building a couple of things aswell such as widening the interstate....but you will have a lot of fun there for sure...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia