Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 07:55 AM

815 posts, read 708,011 times

Advertisements

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.67309afcd049

So Abrams is making her decision on which office she's running for by late March. I think it's a no-brainer that she should run for Senate and strike while the iron's hot. That Senate seat would be a sweet pickup for the Dems. So much could happen in four years and it may be hard for her to stay relevant.

I'm thinking she's purposely playing coy to build up anticipation for a Senate run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 08:17 AM

3,006 posts, read 2,627,599 times
She'll almost certainly run for Perdue's Senate seat. I get the feeling she'll be on a few Democratic presidential candidates' shortlist for VP.

Old 01-24-2019, 10:28 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,232,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
She'll almost certainly run for Perdue's Senate seat. I get the feeling she'll be on a few Democratic presidential candidates' shortlist for VP.
Which candidates? I’d think after Trump they would go back to the Obama model - a new, young, charismatic candidate matched with a proven legislator with national experience as VP.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:22 PM

230 posts, read 94,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDreaming01 View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.67309afcd049

So Abrams is making her decision on which office she's running for by late March. I think it's a no-brainer that she should run for Senate and strike while the iron's hot. That Senate seat would be a sweet pickup for the Dems. So much could happen in four years and it may be hard for her to stay relevant.

I'm thinking she's purposely playing coy to build up anticipation for a Senate run.
She would be better off running for Mayor of Atlanta or Governor again. Running for senate in 2020 in a red state with Trump on the ticket is going to insure a MUCH higher turnout and that won't help her. Personally I am tired of her whining and wish she would go away.

Old 01-24-2019, 01:41 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarRight View Post
She would be better off running for Mayor of Atlanta or Governor again. Running for senate in 2020 in a red state with Trump on the ticket is going to insure a MUCH higher turnout and that won't help her. Personally I am tired of her whining and wish she would go away.
The turnout for Dems is better in presidential election years so a 2020 Senate run would make sense, especially since she can easily build on her momentum from last year's governor's race. Demographic shifts happening throughout the state will benefit her as well. That said, even if Trump performs worse in GA in 2020 than he did in 2016 while still winning the state, I don't suspect that Sen. Perdue will really suffer. Perdue has the money and the backing, no scandals or controversies clouding his name, etc and would be a more formidable opponent than Kemp was. It will be interesting to see what she chooses to do going forward.

Old 01-24-2019, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
The turnout for Dems is better in presidential election years so a 2020 Senate run would make sense, especially since she can easily build on her momentum from last year's governor's race. Demographic shifts happening throughout the state will benefit her as well. That said, even if Trump performs worse in GA in 2020 than he did in 2016 while still winning the state, I don't suspect that Sen. Perdue will really suffer. Perdue has the money and the backing, no scandals or controversies clouding his name, etc and would be a more formidable opponent than Kemp was. It will be interesting to see what she chooses to do going forward.
Hopefully someone picks her as their VP,just get her out of Georgia. I like Perdue more than I like Isakson even though I didn't originally back either of them. Isakson just voted to reopen government so I truly hope he retires or gets primaried in 2022. For now I will vote for Perdue in 2020.

Old 01-24-2019, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Hopefully someone picks her as their VP,just get her out of Georgia. I like Perdue more than I like Isakson even though I didn't originally back either of them. Isakson just voted to reopen government so I truly hope he retires or gets primaried in 2022. For now I will vote for Perdue in 2020.
We're on different sides of the political spectrum on this one as I think Stacey is good for Georgia as her record in the state legislature would suggest, and I think Isakson did the right thing. I don't think this vote will be enough for him to face a primary challenger in 2022 at all.

Old 01-25-2019, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
We're on different sides of the political spectrum on this one as I think Stacey is good for Georgia as her record in the state legislature would suggest, and I think Isakson did the right thing. I don't think this vote will be enough for him to face a primary challenger in 2022 at all.
I think he will retire,he has 3 years until 2022 and he has Parkinson's disease which who knows how bad that will be by then. Yes we are on different sides politically.

Old 01-25-2019, 11:26 AM

815 posts, read 708,011 times
Quote:
I think he will retire,he has 3 years until 2022 and he has Parkinson's disease which who knows how bad that will be by then. Yes we are on different sides politically.
Yeah, I've heard that he will retire soon and then Chris Carr, the Republican AG, will be appointed to fill his place. The party wanted to wait until after the 2018 elections see if Carr was electable, since he had been appointed to position with little experience in elected office. Not sure how true all this is but just a rumor some folks have been circulating.

Old 01-25-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
I didn't know he had Parkinson's. He just may retire then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia