Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2008, 08:25 AM

7 posts, read 45,000 times

Advertisements

Can Anyone Tell Me About Hampton Does It Have Good School Is It Close To Atlanta Thank's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2008, 02:46 PM

100 posts, read 485,532 times
Hampton is in Henry county. It's quiet there and convenient either to 75 for US 19/41 but is a good solid drive to Atlanta, about an hour or a bit longer depending on traffic. The schools are OK, not great. I would check out greatschools.net for the actual stats. The people living there are OK, a lot of transplants, but also small town folk.

What are you looking for specifically? Tell us more about yourself such as if you want buy or rent or better yet, post over in the Atlanta area, if you want to be closer to Atlanta. Good luck.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:57 AM

21 posts, read 90,256 times
Default Hampton is nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEACH98 View Post
Can Anyone Tell Me About Hampton Does It Have Good School Is It Close To Atlanta Thank's
Hampton is part in Henry and has a part in Clayton county. Depending on where you live, the Atlanta Speedway can be a headache sometimes through the year with traffic up and down 1941. Like Joja stated it is quite a ways from Atlanta, but it has some real "small-town" charm and close to shopping areas in McDonough, Fayetteville, and parts of Hampton as well. I like Hampton, it just depends on what you desire.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:35 PM

4 posts, read 12,141 times
I live in Hampton. Great area. Very quiet. Great place to buy but you MUST have a car. Nice people though. High schools are very strict - no horseplay - students should expect to be on best behavior.

Wahumom
{Moderator Removed}: Please do not post private email addresses or personal business URLS in the rooms

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 08-11-2008 at 08:36 PM..

Old 06-24-2008, 05:38 PM

7 posts, read 45,000 times
THANKS TO ALL I'M A 32 MARRIED WITH 4 CHILDREN 14,13,11,10 MOVING FROM GRAYSLAKE IL (30 TO1HR 10MINS IN FROM CHICAGO) THAT WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR WE ARE A BLACK FAMILY BUT DON'T WANT TO LIVE AROUND THE CRAZY BLACK PEOPLE SORRY IF SOME PEOPLE DON'T LIKE HOW I'M SAYING THIS BUT IT TRUE . IS VA MEDICAL CENTER CLOSE TO HAMPTON I'M A NURSE AND WHAT TO GET IN A GOOD HOSPITAL I WORK AT THE VA I'M RENT FOR A YEAR UNTIL WE KNOW WERE WE FIT IN AT ANYBODY HAVE 4 BR HOUSE FOR RENT OR KNOW ANYONE THAT DOES THANKS AGAIN

Old 09-14-2010, 01:47 PM

3 posts, read 10,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEACH98 View Post
Hi, I have lived in Hampton for 5 years, and I would suggest not to move here. The city of Hampton is run by money hungry old timers. You are limited to only one source of electricity, and they gouge you to death, and the property taxes are twice the surrounding areas. Also, the schools are not that great. If you have to move to this area I would recommend McDonough, Ola area. It is the BEST school in Henry Co.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia