Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 05:22 PM

6 posts, read 28,076 times

Advertisements

I'm deciding where to move out of the two. I'm originally from ohio and plan on moving south. I have visited both of the cities before. I really like the downtown area in savannah. But I like how augusta is more open and spread out. It feels more like a larger city.
What are your opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 08:10 PM

726 posts, read 2,818,696 times
Neither, Macon is the Best Choice........A Very nice Downtown like Savannah and spread out which give you more of a larger city feel like Augusta.

Check out Macon at NewTown Macon - Home

Old 08-01-2008, 09:26 PM

110 posts, read 321,063 times
It really depends on what you're looking for. Augusta's downtown is getting better, but won't catch Savannah for quite some time. Augusta's also cheaper and I'd say safer. But Savannah has more history, culture and art (being home to SCAD). I like both cities. I find Augusta easier to live in though. You might also want to look at Chattanooga, or Greenville SC if you want something near the mountains.

What's your profession? That might be the easiest way to choose. Good luck!

Old 08-01-2008, 09:50 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,973,624 times
I'm not sure about downtown Augusta's crime stats, but the past few times I've been there, I felt like I'd be safer in Savannah... thats just me though.

This might be a bias opinion, since I live in Savannah, but I'd choose Savannah over Augusta hands down. You're closer to the ocean, for one.

One big decision maker in this choice will ultimately end up being your career. Depending on what you do, either city could be right. I hate saying this, but unfortunately Savannah is more of a blue collar city. (hoping that will change someday soon)

Old 08-02-2008, 09:14 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,035,014 times
Wow.. is this thread for real? Savannah or Augusta?? Talk about comparing apples and oranges.

Old 08-02-2008, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAwesome View Post
It really depends on what you're looking for. Augusta's downtown is getting better, but won't catch Savannah for quite some time.
We will have terraformed Mars before Augusta's downtown catches up with Savannah.

Old 08-02-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAwesome View Post
It really depends on what you're looking for. Augusta's downtown is getting better, but won't catch Savannah for quite some time. Augusta's also cheaper and I'd say safer. But Savannah has more history, culture and art (being home to SCAD). I like both cities. I find Augusta easier to live in though. You might also want to look at Chattanooga, or Greenville SC if you want something near the mountains.

What's your profession? That might be the easiest way to choose. Good luck!
I own my own small business. I have a store here in the columbus ohio area. My brother and his wife will run the day to day operations of the store from now on. In the future I plan to open a store in savannah and augusta. I'm just thinking about which one I should go with first.

Old 08-02-2008, 10:48 AM

what type of store?? Far more tourists in Savannah.. so it may be the better place to open a small business.

Old 08-02-2008, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgustaSucks View Post
We will have terraformed Mars before Augusta's downtown catches up with Savannah.
When I visited augusta last time about 3 weeks ago. I really liked their downtown area too. I ate at the cafe 209 lounge while I was there. They were doing alot of improvements on my visit. I plan on opening my business in downtown augusta and savannah.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgustaSucks View Post
what type of store?? Far more tourists in Savannah.. so it may be the better place to open a small business.
Its a consulting firm. I noticed while walking around downtown augusta. I saw a number of minority business owner's. I didn't see alot in savannah. Can somebody from savannah tell me do they have alot of minority business owner's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia