Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2008, 03:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,975 times

Advertisements

Hello All,
My husband has friends who live in the Milledgeville area and we are considering making the move from Wisconsin to there. We have kids, they don't so they really don't have any information on kiddy things such as daycare or schools. We also need to know info on apartments, we do have a large dog and would prefer a complex which would allow us to make the move with him. But if all else fails family members will inherit our pooch for awhile if we can't
Thank you for any information in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 05:34 AM

2 posts, read 9,379 times
Because Milledgeville is a college town, you need to be selective. Nearly any apartment complex in the area will have some college students as residents. I moved here in June to teach at Georgia College & State University. I'm currently renting in a complex called "Legacy Mills." It's in town in a very convenient location. The complex is comprised of duplexes and townhomes, the oldest being built in 2005. I don't have a pet, but I know that they allow pets in some units. However, I'm not sure whether there is a weight/size restriction. However, I have seen some fairly large dogs in the complex. The complex is clean and they keep the grass cut. A little slow to respond on maintainence issues, but not too bad. Rent is reasonable. I'm in a 2 br/2ba duplex, living room, dining room, kitchen, laundry closet, about 1150 sf and I pay $650/month. There are some college students in the complex, but they've been quiet so far. It seems like the majority of residents are young families or singles. No community amenities like a pool or playground, but everyone has a little back yard and patio. The only other drawback is that we're right next to a railroad track, but the trains only come through 3 or 4 times a day. They haven't disturbed my sleep. All in all, it's a pretty good deal.

I'm too new here to comment on the schools, and since I don't have kids I can't speak from any experience on this topic. But I hope this apt. info is helpful to you.

Old 09-21-2008, 03:34 PM

235 posts, read 838,493 times
For some school stats, check out Great Schools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community - I have visited Milledgeville, but do not know how it is in terms of school quality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia