Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 07:51 AM

16 posts, read 39,941 times

Advertisements

hi i am from the suburbs of Michigan and i recently moved to GA with a room mate. she got back with her X husband and i am looking to move out. i am single and will be living alone. i work in norcross GA and everywhere i have been has been scary and crime filled i want to move to tucker GA. i have found these apartments so far....can anyone tell me if they are in a bad area or if they are safe?

highland glen
southern woods
lakeview estates

if none of these are good could someone please tell me a decent place to rent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 08:01 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louisetetreau View Post
hi i am from the suburbs of Michigan and i recently moved to GA with a room mate. she got back with her X husband and i am looking to move out. i am single and will be living alone. i work in norcross GA and everywhere i have been has been scary and crime filled i want to move to tucker GA. i have found these apartments so far....can anyone tell me if they are in a bad area or if they are safe?

highland glen
southern woods
lakeview estates

if none of these are good could someone please tell me a decent place to rent?
Where are they located--ie streets? There are several 'Highland' properties in this area and some of them made the news last winter for having fires. Apartments located along Lawrenceville Hwy in Tucker are a risk.

I suspect you need to look at other areas.

There are apartments along Holcomb Bridge Rd/Peachtree Corners that might be better and I think someone mentioned a property on Spalding Drive near the Peachtree Corners library that was recognized for safety.

You might find a condo to rent for a reasonable price in the Emory Corridor. Briarcliff Rd/North Druid Hills/Clairmont/LaVista--not far from Northlake Mall.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:06 AM

i need to stay as close to norcross as possible. i know i dont want to live in norcross cause that whole town is nothing but crime. the apartments you listed, what town are they? i am not familiar with GA at all.

highland glen
3535 Lawrenceville Hwy. N-6
Tucker GA 30084

southern woods
1286 Southern Woods Drive
Tucker GA 30084

lakeview estates
6168 Norcross Tucker Road
Tucker GA 30084

Old 09-27-2008, 08:23 AM

Quote:
i need to stay as close to norcross as possible. i know i dont want to live in norcross cause that whole town is nothing but crime. the apartments you listed, what town are they? i am not familiar with GA at all.

highland glen
3535 Lawrenceville Hwy. N-6
Tucker GA 30084

southern woods
1286 Southern Woods Drive
Tucker GA 30084

lakeview estates
6168 Norcross Tucker Road
Tucker GA 30084
I think you should keep looking.

Peachtree Corners is adjacent to Norcross.There are numerous apartment complexes --several miles worth--on Holcomb Bridge Rd Norcross/Peachtree Corners around Spalding Drive. The 'North' side of Norcross. Considerably more stable than the Lilburn side--Beaver Ruin Rd/Gwinnett Village.

Driving through this area, I think I was on Langford Rd leaving the city limits of Norcross---headed toward Medlock Bridge Rd--there were some smaller complexes with townhomes or apartments for rent. I would drive around this area and try to find that sort of housing.

Other posters have suggested looking for apartments north of Norcross along Peachtree Industrial towards Duluth. That might be your best bet.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:27 AM

thank you for your help. i am looking now at places you suggested. i really appreciate it.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:47 AM

If you aren't familiar with the Duluth area--there are numerous apartment complexes along/around Pleasant Hill Rd/Satellite Blvd. Some are safer than others. Stay West of I85.

I'm not good at giving directions for this area but if you head north from Pleasant Hill on Satellite Blvd after several miles you come to a better area--still considered 'Duluth'. Someone else may have more FYI on this part of Duluth. I think it is in the vicinity of the Civic Center and part of the Sugarloaf Pkwy.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:35 AM

peachtree place north
4600 Peachtree Place Prkwy
Doraville GA 30360

now this place sounds perfect for what i am looking for. 4 policmen live there and my place will be right next door to the manager. i raise snakes. i do snake rescues and i have 4 personal pets i will never give up. the manager has a burmese python! so my snakes are welcome. please tell me that this is a safe area to live in. it is 10-15 minutes from my job.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:54 AM

Quote:
peachtree place north
4600 Peachtree Place Prkwy
Doraville GA 30360

now this place sounds perfect for what i am looking for. 4 policmen live there and my place will be right next door to the manager. i raise snakes. i do snake rescues and i have 4 personal pets i will never give up. the manager has a burmese python! so my snakes are welcome. please tell me that this is a safe area to live in. it is 10-15 minutes from my job.
I found these directions:
From I-285 exit Peachtree Ind. Blvd. Go north approx. 1 mile to Winters Chapel Rd. In far left lane take Access Road South and U-turn under the bridge. Were 1 block on the right.

You would need to contact the Doraville Police Department or DeKalb PD to verify the crime stats. The fact that 4 police officers reside there leads me to believe that they are needed from time to time.

Doraville is a high crime area--specifically/exactly around Buford Hwy/Norcross/Winters Chapel Rd. There is a small part of Doraville that is safer --closer to Chamblee and Dunwoody but this area is one that most choose to avoid.

There are apartment communities all along Peachtree Industrial and/or Peachtree Pkwy---and most have very poor reputations. You will have to go further North on Peachtree Industrial --5 or even 10 miles to find a safer area.

'Duluth'--past Pleasant Hill Rd on Peachtree Industrial Blvd.

Anywhere in the vicinity of Jimmy Carter Blvd/I85 is not safe. Buford Hwy/Dresden Drive/Shallowford Rd/Pleasantdale Rd/Chamblee Tucker at I85--serious safety issues--drugs, murder, robberies.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:58 AM

okay forget that place. thanks again.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:18 AM

http://www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...r-atlanta.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia