Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2007, 05:25 PM

30 posts, read 108,623 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone could help me with Locations of Horse Ranches or Stud Farms in the Rabun County Area. Also Horse Clubs and Horse Shows. I want to know what time of year the Shows and Horse Events are held and what type etc. I am travelling over to Rabun County Next year and I would really love to visit some Ranches and also if there are any Horse Events attend those as well. I am a trainer/breeder/Show Judge and I show horses over here in Aust so I would love to see some Horses whilst on my trip.
Thank you so much if anyone could help me out with any info on this.

Cheers
Echidna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2007, 04:17 PM

1,418 posts, read 10,188,973 times
Talk to Pam at the Dillard Stables.

Old 03-06-2007, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prichard View Post
Talk to Pam at the Dillard Stables.
Thank You Prichard. Has this Dillard Stable got a website at all?

Old 03-07-2007, 07:15 AM

1,418 posts, read 10,188,973 times
It's part of the Dillard House resort in Dillard (just north of Clayton). I haven't googled it, but I'm sure you could find it online - it's quite a popular place. Pam is the lady that runs the stables, I think at one time she was competing nationally in equestrian events, but I don't know much more about her than that.

Old 03-07-2007, 04:33 PM

Thumbs up Dillard Stables

Thank You once again Pritchard. I have found the website, and its very informative too! looks like a real nice place. I will enquire with them about Horse related stuff and I may even stay at that place when I get over there it looks really good.
Thanks again
Echidna

Old 03-07-2007, 04:48 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,362,465 times
What type of horse showing are you interested in?

NE GA is a wealth of different types of shows we have many large and small facilities throughout the area.

As far as barns are concerned again, it will depend on your desired disipline. Are you looking for boarding, stud barns what type of stallions are you looking for?

The Equine industry in this state is the 4th largest.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
What type of horse showing are you interested in?

NE GA is a wealth of different types of shows we have many large and small facilities throughout the area.

As far as barns are concerned again, it will depend on your desired disipline. Are you looking for boarding, stud barns what type of stallions are you looking for?

The Equine industry in this state is the 4th largest.
Wow thanks for that info Returning West. Personally I Breed and Show Miniature Horses and have done for a few years now only due to a back injury that prevents me from riding anymore, but I have had Horses all my life and Shown them in all kinds of disciplines, from Dressage, Hacking & Show Ring Riding,jumping, Stock Horse work and Breed classes Showing. I am on the Show Horse Council of Aust Hack judges panel, but mainly I do a lot of Breed shows now, both judging and competing, I am a Federal Classifier and Judge for Palominos Australia and I am on the judges lists for most other breeds over here.. The Things that I am interested to do are to go around and have a look at some Horse Studs or Ranches just to see the different types you have over there (mainly Pali's and Mini's I guess), and also I would like to know what Shows are going to on at the time I am going to be there as I would love to have a look.
Thank you for your time and info I really appreciate it.
Cheers
Echidna.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:08 AM

1 posts, read 3,334 times
Does anyone know of any good reining instructores kinda close to monroe Ga (limited time: 1hour and a half)

Old 01-16-2009, 02:17 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,362,465 times
Quote:
Does anyone know of any good reining instructores kinda close to monroe Ga (limited time: 1hour and a half)
The only one I know of move to TX, but you might contact the regional or national reining association...they could point you in the right direction. I do know there is a small group of reiners in and around the Athens area so there is bound to be some.

Old 01-17-2009, 11:07 AM

11 posts, read 44,211 times
chec gahorse.com or stablemates.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
View detailed profiles of: