Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 08:28 AM

2 posts, read 5,665 times

Advertisements

Yes, according to my hearing officer, the Burden of Proof lies with the employer. There were NO WRITE UPS in the past 4 years of employment... nothing showed that he should have fired me. It was NOT at MY own will. This is what the hearing officer needed proof of. If it was MY doing or THEIRS... and they found it to be THEIRS!!! This was wonderful. The employer still tried to lie over and over again. The hearing officer caught on, as she kept asking HIM questions for me. I have since received a lump sum for the 7 weeks I got nothing. I feel this was a great experience. I found another job while I was waiting on the hearing... life is good again! Thank God!
I encourage everyone to appeal if they are indeed in the right! If you lie, it will only come back on you, as my ex-employer is feeling right now.
Thanks for your comments/concerns! Everyone have a wonderful day today!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 07:09 PM

1 posts, read 847 times
I was hired by M.G.R. foods a.k.a. ga world congress center.in april 2010. and was fired over the phone in march 2011. iI figured that m boss just fired me due to firing my boss whom hired me but, full pic they didnt want to pay me for benefits. Also I worked twenty -three hour shifts rain, sleet, and snow. Then after all that while working at thier facility I was diagnosed with a condition called Gout...oh so painful. They knew of this thats why if I ever called off a shift tht was the reasoning. So i fought them filed un-employment and won. after a missed phone interview the offcial at D.O.l.. decided that i owe them. I explined and sent letters leting them know that on that particilat day I was at the food bank on rainbow drve. with no gas and two children, one with special nneds and a dead phone. They say now I owe them 1380...thier the government firtst -off they should have checked out evrything before awarding me, then iam on based on income rent and foodstamps ..and unemployed wow you guys really rock.. what am I to do?

Old 02-24-2012, 08:42 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,192,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marknir View Post
I was laid off because of lack of work and they are trying to stop my unemployment.
In Georgia, by law, you must receive a separation notice with the reason for termination of employment. Does your separation notice specifically say that the cause of termination was "Lack of Work" or something else?

If it specifically says "Lack of Work" then you should have nothing to worry about.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:50 PM

1 posts, read 752 times
my former employer stated to me one reason for dismissal "misconduct of policy" they sent the gdol the same reason, but added another reason poor job performance, unaware to me, which was not discussed in HR on 1-25-12 and add more untruth for dismissal. I was dismissal 1-26-12, i recieved my notice 2-23-12, with the date release to the employee as 1-27-12. law states employers have to give the employee their notice in hand at that time of dismissal or mail the notice within 3 days, law states employers have to enter the date mail on the form with the correct date released to the former employee, that failed to happen. on my notice it stated: released with no reason the gdol, my notice is different then what the employer stated on TALX. Question: IS THAT AN ISSUE FOR THE GDOL). I have a lot of proof for my case for the appeal hearing, i delivered the documents to gdol on tuesday 1-27-12 and mail the same documents to the employer on wednesday 1-28-12 in a timely manner. I haven't received anything fm the employer at this time the hearing is tuesday 3-6-12 if they have information they have to present it to me as well or they can't present it as the law stated. (I believe they have lied so much they are not going to show what will happen then)?

Old 03-08-2012, 09:43 PM

876 posts, read 2,278,549 times
This is an old thread, but could apply to anyone with similar concerns. If it all possible on appeals, I would go down to the DOL office to explain the situation with all the documentation before your appeal date. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
View detailed profiles of: