Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2007, 11:34 AM

11 posts, read 35,607 times

Advertisements

Ok i checked out the schools and they seem to have Christain schools. How is the area? What dose a hosue rental go for? how about day care? What is the temp year round?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2007, 11:38 AM

1,025 posts, read 4,095,696 times
Until you get some good local replies, there is a wealth of statistical information available right here on the City-Data site by scrolling down this page: Warner Robins

And if you haven't already done a City-Data search for previous discussions on Warner Robins, try this link: Click here!

Hopefully that will give you enough background info until some current or former Warner Robins residents see this and respond.

Old 04-18-2007, 04:18 PM

61 posts, read 355,956 times
Robins Air Force Base has been the major factor that has shaped Warner Robins. In addition to the military, there has always been an even larger number of civilians who work on the base doing skilled work such as engineers and technicians. So Warner Robins has always welcomed folks from all over America.

As a result of this, the schools in Warner Robins are very good. I understand why public school is not an option in New York. But Warner Robins is not NY and is very Christian oriented. I would at least investigate the public schools and pray about it before you make a decision.

The climate is very mild. Only about once every six years does this part of Georgia get any measurable amount of snow. Any snow usually melts the next day. The worst time of the year is late summer when the humidity is usually very high.

Warner Robins is a great place to grow up as a kid. I know, because I grew up there.

Old 04-18-2007, 04:27 PM

11 posts, read 35,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Eagle View Post
Robins Air Force Base has been the major factor that has shaped Warner Robins. In addition to the military, there has always been an even larger number of civilians who work on the base doing skilled work such as engineers and technicians. So Warner Robins has always welcomed folks from all over America.

As a result of this, the schools in Warner Robins are very good. I understand why public school is not an option in New York. But Warner Robins is not NY and is very Christian oriented. I would at least investigate the public schools and pray about it before you make a decision.

The climate is very mild. Only about once every six years does this part of Georgia get any measurable amount of snow. Any snow usually melts the next day. The worst time of the year is late summer when the humidity is usually very high.

Warner Robins is a great place to grow up as a kid. I know, because I grew up there.
do you know of a link for the local news paper. I would be intrested in seeing what the cost of a rental home would be

Old 04-18-2007, 05:29 PM

The Macon Telegraph is the local paper that covers Warner Robins at

http://www.macon.com/

Old 04-18-2007, 10:11 PM

Stahshee, I just read your other post where you stated that you want to live in a small town with fewer than 10,000 people. Warner Robins has well over 50,000 people and is growing fast, so it probably is not what you are looking for.

Maybe you should take a look at Perry. It is just south of Warner Robins, but in the same county.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:28 PM

2 posts, read 5,367 times
Default Relocating to Georgia

I am a city girl raised in the city. Would like to move to Georgia. I wanted to know if Warner Robins is still the same. The last posting I seen was in 2007. It's two years later. I am a quite person that likes a quite community that is most of all friendly. This area is by the air force is there a lot of noise? How is the neighborhood now? Are there any hospitals close to the area?

Old 11-23-2009, 03:03 AM

2,014 posts, read 5,101,169 times
Every time I'm in Warner Robins for extended amounts of time, base noise kind of aggravates me....but I must say just about everything else about the town is absolutely great. There is a hospital nearby on Watson, and pretty much the city in general is nice and friendly. Warner Robins is growing rapidly, and I can say that some areas on the northside near the base are starting to look rather shady. This area is mostly near and around areas such as Green St. though....and some of Davis. I would recommend Warner Robins to pretty much anybody
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia