Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2009, 01:37 AM

2 posts, read 2,755 times

Advertisements

i just signed up cause i hoped i would get a quick answer considering the time. im also not so sure on how to navigate this site so i dont know if im posting this right.. or in the right spot. i just have a quick question.

A while back i was clocked goin 92 in a 55. I know i wasnt going that fast, but i will admit i was speeding, 75 at the most but i know i wasnt going over 85. I even had enough time to pull over before he was a few feet from me. However i know i have no chance in arguing my case, whos gonna take the word of an 18 yr old girl over a rude state trooper(he was extremely rude)? I also know that my license will be suspended for 6 months and i will have to pay a hefty fine (ive got that covered with savings). But what i really need to know is will i be able to obtain a restricted license?. this is my first offense, and im a good student. I have no other way of getting to and from school or to the classes i know i will have to take due to my suspended license. I'm willing to go through the consequenses. I just need a way to do it. and yes i know i shouldnt have been speeding in the first place........but how many people have sped to get to class? i know its not an excuse for speeding, but we all make mistakes. and every morn since that day ive set the cruise. ive learned my lesson. i just need a restricted license to prove it..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 01:01 PM

263 posts, read 798,178 times
I don't know the answer to your question but hopefully you will have learned your lesson. You say you were going "75 at the most but I know I wasn't going over 85", you contradicted yourself. Really, what's the difference if you hit me driving down the road going 85 or 92??! I have a daughter your age and I would be mortified if I found out she was going that fast, I don't want her to die in a car accident...getting to class is not as important as your life or the life of someone else. I don't want to sound preachy but I just want you to understand getting behind the wheel of a car and driving reckless is not a joke

Old 10-16-2009, 03:26 AM

2 posts, read 2,755 times
well 85 is supposed to be "that 75 mark". it was 5 am when i typed it. and look i know i shouldnt have even been going that fast. i said that in my post also I KNOW THERE WAS NO EXCUSE FOR WHAT I DID. but honestly i didnt post to have someone tell me something i didnt already know. you dont know me so please dont sit there and assume im as irresponsible as you apparently think i am. i was simply looking for an answer to a question i thought someone could help me with quickly. im sorry if this seems rude,that is not my intention specially seeing as you're older ma'am. but there is no reason for you to think im out terrorizing the roads looking for people to run over on purpose.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:05 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,490,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeGirl09 View Post
well 85 is supposed to be "that 75 mark". it was 5 am when i typed it. and look i know i shouldnt have even been going that fast. i said that in my post also I KNOW THERE WAS NO EXCUSE FOR WHAT I DID. but honestly i didnt post to have someone tell me something i didnt already know. you dont know me so please dont sit there and assume im as irresponsible as you apparently think i am. i was simply looking for an answer to a question i thought someone could help me with quickly. im sorry if this seems rude,that is not my intention specially seeing as you're older ma'am. but there is no reason for you to think im out terrorizing the roads looking for people to run over on purpose.
There's really not much left to say then. It will be expensive to hire an attorney but that is about the best advice anyone can give.

If you are interested here is just one tragic accident that law enforcement officials had to deal with this year.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/19164284/detail.html

Old 10-22-2009, 08:37 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
Go to expertlaw.com. You will get the best advice without having to hire a blood sucking, greedy attorney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia