Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 12:35 AM

28 posts, read 59,603 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone, I'm transferring from the Flint area, to the Grand Rapids area for work. More specifically Kentwood.

I'm very nervous as this will also be my first move from home.

I'm having trouble finding an apartment. I did look at Ramblewood in Wyoming, and Eastland in Kentwood, which would only be 10 minutes from work. Or about 2gal of gas a week

Does anybody know anything about these? As of now I am leaning more towards a loft at Eastland.

I would like to find an apartment in a good area. I did contact Cascade Village, but they didn't have any one bedrooms and there two bedrooms are too much. Caledonia estates didn't allow pets.

I'm would like to head back out there one more time to tour some more apartments. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 11:58 AM

430 posts, read 1,175,114 times
Tow of my older kids live in Wyoming and they have lived in the other area as well. I believe they have rented if not live there now in Ramblewood. My daughter is working but I will call her and get back to you. THey have moved several times all apartment living so she can help you. They really like Grand Rapids.

Old 05-01-2008, 01:45 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,946,624 times
I lived in Old Farm Shores apartments off of 44th, near Breton. Loved the place!

Old 05-01-2008, 02:21 PM

310 posts, read 1,210,322 times
Default Grand Rapids Apts.

Try using craigslist. You can search by location and price. Also, many ads have pictures of the apartments. Here is th link

craigslist classifieds: jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services, community, events, forums

Old 05-01-2008, 03:50 PM

32 posts, read 121,118 times
Default The Crossings!

If you are going to live in Kentwood, then you MUST check out The Crossings, Edward Rose & Sons Grand Rapids, Michigan Apartment Communities - I have lived here over ten years and couldn't find anything bad to say about it! (616) 698-8666 is their phone.

Everything is right! The staff is very helpful and courteous, maintenance guys are awesome and always ready to help right away, even in the middle of the night for emergencies. The property grounds are meticulous, and it is RARE that I ever hear a neighbor through the walls.

I have a one bedroom end unit at about 870 square feet with a recent rent increase that only brings me to $605. This includes heat! In addition, it includes your own washer and dryer, and a huge walk in closet in the bedroom, a European open style kitchen, with the breakfast bar coming out at an angle where you can put bar stools, and has very nice cabinetry. Great sized bathroom with a long counter and cupboard underneath. Also includes a deck (or patio), with additional personal storage right off your deck, which overlooks ponds filled with beautiful ducks and Canadian geese.

Very quiet!

I used to rent a two bedroom 3rd (top) floor apartment with two FULL baths and cathedral ceilings for about the same two years ago.

I searched the whole metro Grand Rapids area and could not find a comparable place to live. It is also right along M6, with many stores, restaurants and a movie theatre right outside your door! In addition, Kentwood High School is right across the way. (I'd say across the street, but the complex is set way back.

I would never consider leaving, except to move to VA to work in DC, God willing!

Old 05-01-2008, 03:53 PM

32 posts, read 121,118 times
P.S. Sorry to offend anyone, but please rule out Eastland. Decent price, but my ex used to live there a few years back and it was getting a little ugly there. I wouldn't live there.

Old 05-01-2008, 04:49 PM

430 posts, read 1,175,114 times
I just talked to my son and he said don't live in Eastland. They really like Ramblewood if you are wanting to stay close to where you work

Old 05-02-2008, 11:44 PM

can I ask why against eastland?

The crossings looks nice, but might be a little bit out of my price range. Storage is important for me to, which is another reason I'm leaning towards eastland. Their loft has a 6x7 storage in the room. They also don't allow cats.

Ramblewood South seems nice, are they in north? Ramblewood is 30 minutes from work.

My work I'm transferring for is only part time, so I'll need to find a second part time job pretty quickly. I'm hoping I can deliver pizza's for little caesars on the side.

Forgot to mention, I checked and Old Farm Shores didn't have any apartments available.

Last edited by Wiggles603; 05-02-2008 at 11:55 PM..

Old 05-03-2008, 11:38 AM

oops, i meant the crossings don't allow cats.

I've also considered viewpointe apartments and foote hills estates

Old 05-04-2008, 12:55 AM

what about foote hills estates, they're a little closer to work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area