Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 04:31 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,301,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I am so sick of people that say the girls need to keep their legs closed. Why is it that everyone always blames the girl? It is almost always the boy who pushes for sex in the first place. Why don't the parents of boys teach them to keep their pec****s in their pants? Buy your teenage boys a blow up doll and tell them to have at it. ........and leave the girls alone.

And yes, girls should be able to get abortions without parental consent.........they got pregnant without parental consent..........so that horse is already out of the barn, isn't it?

Now, know this..........no matter how much you preach abstinence to teens.......they are still going to have sex. Wake up to the real world.

As a tax payer, I would rather my tax dollars go to providing birth control and abortions to teens than have to pay to support the mother and child for 18 years. THAT is basic Economics 101.

Those of you that seek to punish a teenage girl for getting pregnant by limiting her access to abortion are also going to punish the tax payer with 18 years of child support. Not just child support either, most of the time you will be paying to support the mother too.

Crunch those numbers before you whine about paying for birth control and abortion.

And another thing, once a teen mom ends up on the public dole, she is more likely to have even more children for the taxpayer to support.

Don't know about the rest of you, but I've made comments about boys needing to keep theirs zipped up numerous times. But, in reality, the final decisions are up to the girls ~ that's the way it is. THEY are the ones who have the final control, they are the ones who have to say NO ~ in other words, keep the legs crossed, or at least make sure one of them has a condom.

I think living perpetually off welfare is going to reach an end sooner than later. That will be an eye-opener for a lot of welfare moms who view the checks as their life-long income. Many will will have to have an attitude adjustment about their position in life.

When my husband ran a store, the owner insisted on hiring receptionists from an agency that supplied welfare mothers to ease them back to the workforce. They had a few and not a single one of them wanted to work. So he and the owner simply stopped using receptionists and answered the phones themselves. The job didn't pay that well, but they didn't have skills, either. Nor were they interested in acquiring any, or learning anything about the store and their products ~ computers (which at that time could have added value to their job potential elsewhere).

Abortion or welfare ~ neither one has any business being government's concern. No bleeding heart here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 04:39 PM

422 posts, read 649,508 times
Quote:
I am so sick of people that say the girls need to keep their legs closed. Why is it that everyone always blames the girl? It is almost always the boy who pushes for sex in the first place. Why don't the parents of boys teach them to keep their pec****s in their pants? Buy your teenage boys a blow up doll and tell them to have at it. ........and leave the girls alone.

And yes, girls should be able to get abortions without parental consent.........they got pregnant without parental consent..........so that horse is already out of the barn, isn't it?

Now, know this..........no matter how much you preach abstinence to teens.......they are still going to have sex. Wake up to the real world.

As a tax payer, I would rather my tax dollars go to providing birth control and abortions to teens than have to pay to support the mother and child for 18 years. THAT is basic Economics 101.

Those of you that seek to punish a teenage girl for getting pregnant by limiting her access to abortion are also going to punish the tax payer with 18 years of child support. Not just child support either, most of the time you will be paying to support the mother too.

Crunch those numbers before you whine about paying for birth control and abortion.

And another thing, once a teen mom ends up on the public dole, she is more likely to have even more children for the taxpayer to support.
Because boys don't get pregnant ? No amount of that's old fashioned, it's 2010, emasculation masquerading as feminism, anti-God, anti-family, anti-personal responsibility agenda will change the fact that a male can have sex with a female, get her pregnant, and never speak to her again IF SHE ALLOWS IT. She will have to deal with the consequences even if she takes the easy low road and trots off to the clinic to hide her whoring. A man can afford to have loose sex and women can't. That's just the way it is. I kept my legs closed and guess what ? I miraculously didn't get pregnant. Every man I dated in college wanted desperately to have sex and we still didn't. Even got dumped once because of it. SO WHAT. Like nana mitchell said "you won't die if you don't do it"

Old 10-01-2010, 04:49 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,863,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple_Princess View Post
Because boys don't get pregnant ? No amount of that's old fashioned, it's 2010, emasculation masquerading as feminism, anti-God, anti-family, anti-personal responsibility agenda will change the fact that a male can have sex with a female, get her pregnant, and never speak to her again IF SHE ALLOWS IT. She will have to deal with the consequences even if she takes the easy low road and trots off to the clinic to hide her whoring. A man can afford to have loose sex and women can't. That's just the way it is. I kept my legs closed and guess what ? I miraculously didn't get pregnant. Every man I dated in college wanted desperately to have sex and we still didn't. Even got dumped once because of it. SO WHAT. Like nana mitchell said "you won't die if you don't do it"

And no one forced him to not put a condom on either. In the end sure it is a womans choice but it doesn't make her the only one responsible...it still takes 2 to tango. Nice how you say she is whoring....nice to see woman still attack women with these words *Shakes head*.

Old 10-01-2010, 05:02 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,785,898 times
Oh NO!
Absolutely NOT!

Parents have no right to care for the well-being of their children. The STATE knows best what to do w/ your children. Your job as a parent is to deliver up your kids to the STATE for indoctrination and for you to continue to PAY TAXES to fund that indoctrination.

Old 10-01-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
Oh NO!
Absolutely NOT!

Parents have no right to care for the well-being of their children. The STATE knows best what to do w/ your children. Your job as a parent is to deliver up your kids to the STATE for indoctrination and for you to continue to PAY TAXES to fund that indoctrination.

Sarcasm?

Old 10-01-2010, 05:49 PM

556 posts, read 798,256 times
I think it's a losing situation. Parents should have the right to decide every darn thing that involves their child until that child is 18 years old. BUT if all states made parental consent law there would be way more dumpster/toilet/prom babies.

Old 10-01-2010, 06:22 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
It's a fetus not a human being yet. And it's not murder....murder is with malice...of which i had none when i had my abortion. And yes schools should offer access with or without their parents notice if need be....ultimately a womens body is hers.
No one disputes that a woman owns her body. However, the unborn also deserve consideration and protection. Who will speak for it when the mother is bent on its destruction and elimination from her body? Pregnancy is a temporary and normal condition; abortion terminates a human life.

I think it is malicious when one's life is not in imminent danger to end the life of an innocent human made in God's own image. Of course, YMMV.

Yes, the fetus is a human being; it is not a cat, dog, or blob of tissue. The human fetus has pain sensors and it has the form, the heart, the developing brain and organs of a human being, not of some other species. The human fetus moves away from the probe before being aborted. The human fetus has an innocent soul whose life is too often "terminated" for the selfish convenience of the woman or teen girl carrying it.

Old 10-01-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
No one disputes that a woman owns her body. However, the unborn also deserve consideration and protection. Who will speak for it when the mother is bent on its destruction and elimination from her body? Pregnancy is a temporary and normal condition; abortion terminates a human life.

I think it is malicious when one's life is not in imminent danger to end the life of an innocent human made in God's own image. Of course, YMMV.

Yes, the fetus is a human being; it is not a cat, dog, or blob of tissue. The human fetus has pain sensors and it has the form, the heart, the developing brain and organs of a human being, not of some other species. The human fetus moves away from the probe before being aborted. The human fetus has an innocent soul whose life is too often "terminated" for the selfish convenience of the woman or teen girl carrying it.

Its not a human being because it can not live outside of the female body for many months. It has the potential to be one....but if the mother does not want to have it...who are YOU to say she can't? And pregnancy is a stressful time to a woman, and not all women want to go through it. You will compound that by forcing women to go through something they don't want. Not to mention make the tax bill higher in the end. You think it's selfish for a girl who is not prepared to abort? So it would be better for this little girl to have the child...and not give it the proper amount of love and attention? And don't throw out the adoption line either because there are already enough kids who can't even get adopted as it is. Also many people don't believe in god, so that argument doesn't wash in a secular nation.

Old 10-01-2010, 06:33 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
Don't know about the rest of you, but I've made comments about boys needing to keep theirs zipped up numerous times. But, in reality, the final decisions are up to the girls ~ that's the way it is. THEY are the ones who have the final control, they are the ones who have to say NO ~ in other words, keep the legs crossed, or at least make sure one of them has a condom.

I think living perpetually off welfare is going to reach an end sooner than later. That will be an eye-opener for a lot of welfare moms who view the checks as their life-long income. Many will will have to have an attitude adjustment about their position in life.

When my husband ran a store, the owner insisted on hiring receptionists from an agency that supplied welfare mothers to ease them back to the workforce. They had a few and not a single one of them wanted to work. So he and the owner simply stopped using receptionists and answered the phones themselves. The job didn't pay that well, but they didn't have skills, either. Nor were they interested in acquiring any, or learning anything about the store and their products ~ computers (which at that time could have added value to their job potential elsewhere).

Abortion or welfare ~ neither one has any business being government's concern. No bleeding heart here.
Really? Just what are we going to do as a society when you have teenagers and young women having babies that they cannot afford to take care of? How are we going to get young men to step up and pay to support the child they helped create? Should we let them starve in the streets and live under bridges? Shall we take their babies away from them by force and then who will raise those babies?

Believe me, in this day and age welfare isn't going anywhere. People with college degrees can't even find jobs anymore, let alone an unwed teenage mother that doesn't even have a high school diploma. Get real.

Leave them to charity and churches? There aren't enough of either to support the thousands upon thousands of unmarried mothers out there with no job skills, no jobs to be had and no father to lend support.

If parents want the power to decide whether or not their teen can have an abortion, they should also be forced to pay to raise the child that is born until the age of eighteen without any help from the government.

I don't like paying taxes to support the people on welfare either, but denying abortion to those that want it is just going to put more people on the dole. Don't we have enough as it is?

Old 10-01-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Really? Just what are we going to do as a society when you have teenagers and young women having babies that they cannot afford to take care of? How are we going to get young men to step up and pay to support the child they helped create? Should we let them starve in the streets and live under bridges? Shall we take their babies away from them by force and then who will raise those babies?

Believe me, in this day and age welfare isn't going anywhere. People with college degrees can't even find jobs anymore, let alone an unwed teenage mother that doesn't even have a high school diploma. Get real.

Leave them to charity and churches? There aren't enough of either to support the thousands upon thousands of unmarried mothers out there with no job skills, no jobs to be had and no father to lend support.
For some reason it seems many social conservatives feel we need to just roll the clocks back to the 1880's,like they were the good old days or something. People want to be called christians and smack around the idea of jesus and god and what not, yet are the first ones to be running around saying "taking care of number 1".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates