Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 04:01 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,864,752 times

Advertisements

MODERATOR NOTE:
This thread was closed and moved to Great Debates from another forum, however most of the posts do not meet this forum's guidelines. Rather than mass delete a bunch of posts, it will remain closed and the posts that mostly met the standards, to include the original opening post, were moved to a new thread with the same title.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinctwentyone View Post
Over the last decade the amount of American men seeking foreign wives has more than tripled. While globalization is certainly a reason, most men are saying that American women are demanding too much or have lost the femininity that men prefer.

Instead of seeking love more women are measuring bank accounts and assets prior to marriage when their counter parts in south America are not. Men are catching short flights to date and marry women that are seriously looking to start families.

Could the increased feminism and cultural changes in the U.S. be the reason for this change over the last decade?
HAHAHAHAHAHA! DUDE, you're killing me! Oh, the naivete! If you want to be taken for a ride by a babe looking for a visa service and by her family, keep thinking like that. Save up for a cheap flight to wherever. And watch the nightmare begin.

I gotta say, I don't know what you're talking about, "demanding too much", "lost femininity". Sounds like you've been barking up some wrong trees. Get your own act together, man. Or throw everything away on a scammer. Whatever. Have a nice life.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 10-02-2014 at 09:13 PM..

Old 10-02-2014, 04:09 PM

12,108 posts, read 23,286,271 times
@OP: I know of no one who has done this. What legit studies can you cite?

Old 10-02-2014, 04:13 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
What's the divorce rate among green card marriages?

Old 10-02-2014, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post

Old 10-02-2014, 04:14 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Over the last decade the amount of American men seeking foreign wives has more than tripled. While globalization is certainly a reason, most men are saying that American women are demanding too much or have lost the femininity that men prefer.
Come on. So many assumptions here.

Why say "feminine" when you mean "servile"?

I work. My husband gets a hot dinner AND a hot breakfast every day. Stop hanging around princesses.

Old 10-02-2014, 04:15 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
I wonder that as well. Also, what is the divorce rate among non green card marriages? I don't think they would be that different. Divorce is sadly high.

Old 10-02-2014, 04:24 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,988,469 times
Quote:
Could the increased feminism and cultural changes in the U.S. be the reason...?
Have you been reading Fred Reed's site again?

Old 10-02-2014, 04:27 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,013,319 times
Quote:
haha, would it make a difference if the man knowingly accepted the higher risk considering the divorce rates of marrying an american woman?

you can pooh pooh this option all you want but theses days most men accept the fact that they may end up divorced anyway. for many men, the benefits of marriage is not as enticing as prior generations, so delaying it or avoiding all together is occurring more often.

also as a result of the acceptance of LGBT marriages, marriage is now pretty much a mutual partnership support contract and, thus, open to defining it as the parties may agree, including duration, benefits, etc.

like for example, what if an older guy had an agreement with a younger woman from another country to be "married" for only 5years in exchange for a prenup defining various mutual benefits including the terms of the divorce???? hmm, now there is something to think about.

p.s., did you know you can get a divorce in one-day in the Domincan Republic? throw that into the agreement too, for either party. that's how jennifer lopez and mark anthony handled their divorce.

Old 10-02-2014, 04:35 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).
Poor men crying for that and poor women crying because they don't have a personal ATM. Sadly, we live in a superficial world.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-03-2014 at 07:58 AM..

Old 10-02-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Poor men crying for that and poor women crying because they don't have a personal ATM. Sadly, we live in a superficial world.
Dude, don't you know any women with their own jobs and their own paychecks? Some of the women I know out-earn their bf's. Sounds like you need to move on up to better social circles. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates