Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 08:15 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,829,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
What are you talking about? Everyone hears about a police officer shot. They are meticulously detailed and recorded. There are memorials, processions, tributes, street namings, monuments, kids get scholarships, mortgages get paid, etc.

What we usually don't hear about, what's regularly swept under the rug are the VICTIMS of LEOs. It's finally reached the tipping point where police brutality and lawlessness has become so rampant it's made it into public consciousness.

Cops murder 80yo man then attempt coverup:
Cops Execute 80-yr-old Man in his Own Bed During Botched Raid | Filming Cops

This kind 80-yr-old man posed no threat to officers whatsoever, but was executed because cops thought they smelled “meth” coming from the house.

They performed a no-knock raid after “meth” was smelled outside.

Making matters worse, police reports then claimed that they told Eugene to “drop a gun” before killing him.

But the recording of the incident reveals that that was a lie.

Baby in Coma After Police ‘Grenade’ Dropped in Crib During Drug Raid - ABC News
Cops maim, almost kill baby. No reparations, no apology, no Teddy Bear, no college fund, no mortgage settlement, NOTHING!

Botched Paramilitary Police Raids | Cato Institute
Cops have become out of control paramilitary thugs.
This thread is about the OP saying there should be no guns.. an America where police should be gun less living in harmony while the criminals run rampant....thus my post...I brought up the 46 people shot by criminals as a way to show HIM..just like ALMOST everyone on this thread.. that it is not real feasible for police. You have already brought up this info about the police and these incidents in your own thread.....

I am not arguing these incidents take place, in fact we were watching the news and saw that poor baby and it made us sick.My retired LEO husband is not below saying this..the old man..videos of police shooting dogs....or what just happen to a woman whose dog ran at them..supposedly..and got shot...is WRONG..We get it...We saw Fruitvale Station...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2015, 11:28 AM

13,345 posts, read 7,373,734 times
Where are the protests and debates when a police officer is killed by a criminal. Law Enforcement Line of Duty Deaths in 2014 Why not just get rid of all laws and police lets see what happens.

Last edited by kell490; 01-10-2015 at 11:40 AM..

Old 01-10-2015, 12:11 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,456,887 times
Kell490, I will say that we have far too many laws. You cannot go through a day now without violating some law. The police can seize your property just on a stated assumption of drug possession, and God help you getting it back.

We have swung far too much in one direction,

Old 01-11-2015, 06:07 PM

Quote:
The police can seize your property just on a stated assumption of drug possession, and God help you getting it back.
I have never had any experience even remotely close to what your talking about I don't do drugs or hang out with people who do illegal drugs. I agree with to many laws but that is a problem with our legislators. In Arizona where I live most laws I read are there for good reason such as murder, rape, how about kidnapping? you think those laws should be done away with?

Old 01-12-2015, 11:53 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,524,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlonbeam View Post
Law enforcement obviously needs tactical weapons, however street and traffic patrol should be held to a higher rule when it applies to un-holstering their weapon. For example, an officer can only draw their weapon if fired upon or attacked or engaging a crime in progress. If a municipality would have the courage and take the lead to develop a "friendly police force" the criminal element, which is perpetuated by excessive police tactics would diminish. When the police and the citizens work together their is no room for criminals. Again, prosperity awaits the first city to ban guns for street cops.
Really. Unholster only fired upon. So if the bad guy fires first and the bullet hits the officer in the head and kills him, your idea is that is ok? Enact something like that and there will be no more police. Maybe that is the agenda? I don't want friendly police, I want effective law enforcement. Courteous yes, reapectfull absolutely. Friendly? NO.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:58 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,524,754 times
The police officer in France who lay on the sidewalk after being wounded and was then executed by the terrorists was unarmed. How did friendly and enlightened work out for him and his family?

Old 01-13-2015, 03:37 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,245,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda814 View Post
As of today 46 LEOs have been killed in 2014 by someone shooting them....if you want a real dose of reality OP go to the Officer Down Memorial Page and read some of the stories....PLUS 7 K9s were shot or stabbed in the line of duty... Usually no one hears about these murders..While everybody had the attention on the officers in New York while one in Tarpon Springs, Florida was shot and killed walking up to a house on a noise complaint and if THAT wasn't enough, the shooter then drove over him as he left the scene...... Never had a chance to even pull his gun... This isn't Shangri La....people are drunk...on drugs, or mentally ill that cause these things to happen, or just plain mad and have guns...

Just like someone above said, go on a ride along,,,see what it's like for yourself...and like I posted when you brought this up on the other police thread floating around here, it's pretty scary when you are in your police car and someone comes out of his vehicle, shooting....to kill you....
What kind of denialist Shangri-La are you living in? Cop deaths are detailed meticulously, they have processions, get street namings, complete media coverage, mortgages and tuition paid.

What happens to victims of police brutality? Coverups, denials, lies. That's SOP for police. They're experts at covering their own Moderator cut: language

How many people have been killed by cops? Well, we don't really know because apparently their lives don't matter as much but we have a general idea it's a WHOLE LOT compared to most civilized countries.

U.S. cops kill at 100 times rate of other capitalist countries

One area in which the U.S. is unquestionably exceptional is the level of state violence directed against African Americans, Latinos, Native Americans and working and poor people of all nationalities. U.S. police killings outnumber those in other developed capitalist countries by as much as 100-1!

How many people are killed every year by the police in the U.S.? The exact number is not known. There is no federal agency that keeps track. The FBI compiles annual statistics for “justified homicides” by police—and all reported police killings are registered as “justified” by the FBI.

Maybe this baby was shaking its rattle in a menacing way at cops. Of course they feel just terribly about it. Still no apology, no compensation, not even a Teddy Bear! Sick perverts.
Moderator cut: copyright violation

Last edited by Oldhag1; 01-13-2015 at 04:26 PM..

Old 01-13-2015, 11:02 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAcLOO0vOko

Flagstaff AZ police officer's body camera captures Officers Stewart's last minutes before he was killed. You see how fast the man draws his single action pistol and fatally shoots Officer Stewart this happened on Dec 27th 2014. You want to pass a law that says a criminal has to shoot before an officer can draw his weapon?

Old 01-16-2015, 03:20 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,051,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAcLOO0vOko

Flagstaff AZ police officer's body camera captures Officers Stewart's last minutes before he was killed. You see how fast the man draws his single action pistol and fatally shoots Officer Stewart this happened on Dec 27th 2014. You want to pass a law that says a criminal has to shoot before an officer can draw his weapon?
Tragic.

But one thing that bounces in the back of my mind about that video is how I trained back in my Navy days, to be ready to deliver a rapid fist thrust, to topple usually but it could have been directed to be potentially fatal, at the first sign of danger.

Now, I'm not saying "had I (in my prime) been there, I would have..." nor am I second guessing what he did.

What I am saying is two fold. Should we fault officers' for being on such high alert and for an unarmed force, will we stand behind them if they strike on alert, even if it is just a palm jab into someone's shoulder to topple them off balance?

Old 01-16-2015, 07:01 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,389,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
The police officer in France who lay on the sidewalk after being wounded and was then executed by the terrorists was unarmed. How did friendly and enlightened work out for him and his family?
That is what I thought of when I saw this thread. That poor defenseless police officer begging for his life while the fanatics pointed their automatic rifles at him and shot him dead. I think cops should have guns. Too many evil armed people out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates