Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 05:24 AM

1,386 posts, read 1,000,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
And how exactly do you know that I can't understand pregnancy? After all, imagination can certainly be an extremely powerful thing.

Also, though, what I wrote here is certainly valid. Indeed, I wish that I could purposely get pregnant and get an abortion afterwards just to prove you wrong in regards to this.

In addition to this, though, who exactly said that I don't respect pregnancy or pregnant women? Rather, what I said is that potential certainly isn't actuality; indeed, I certainly still stand by this statement of mine.

Does anybody else think the OP's excessive use of the smiley emojis is a little...weird?

_
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2016, 05:50 AM

1,386 posts, read 1,000,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
I want to get surgically castrated because vasectomies can and sometimes do fail, and I certainly know that I am not going to get any slack in regards to paying child support in the event of a vasectomy failure. Of course, if I can take estrogen after my planned surgical castration while still being able to get erections using my penis and to have penis-in-vagina sex, then this might certainly be a bonus of surgical castration for me.
Apparently you've been discussing for some time that you are "planning" to get "surgically castrated." I don't buy it. I don't believe you have any intention of getting castrated, even if you could. (I believe there are a couple of states that allow surgical castration for sex offenders, in very limited circumstances. But I don't think it's legal outside of those circumstances, in any state. I saw a documentary a couple of years ago about how difficult it was for men to get "underground," illegal surgical castrations. They were reduced to clandestine meetings in hotel rooms.)

You make some interesting points. But unless you actually go through with the castration, and provide proof of it to the forum, in my mind, your whole "planning to get castrated, and take estrogen, and have penis-in-vagina sex with female-bodied people" shtick is baloney. I think you say it for shock value. I think it detracts from your argument. It identifies you as a bull****ter.

_

Last edited by Bill790; 02-05-2016 at 07:07 AM..

Old 02-08-2016, 12:02 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,544,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennies4Penny View Post
No. There is nothing you could say or any angle you could present that would make me think this is a good idea. And honestly all your arguments are really reaching and relying on unusual circumstances that don't really apply to the situation you are presenting.

The fact is a woman can not get pregnant on her own. She chooses to become pregnant just as much as the man chooses to impregnate her. Even if everyone is doing everything they can to prevent pregnancy, sometimes it still happens and it occurs because of a sexual act between TWO people.

[snip]

If she chooses to keep the baby against the man's wishes, he still needs to be held financially responsible for his sexual actions, even if he does not want to be physically involved in the child's life. The woman is doing the hard work of raising HIS kid on her own because of something THEY did TOGETHER, the least he could do is assist in the financial aspects of the kid's life. Nothing more is required.
so why cant the man choose to keep the baby against the woman's wishes? force her to carry it through, but he will raise it. But since it is her baby as well, she should be forced to assist financially? sure her carrying baby for nine months is more of an impact to the woman, life isnt fair and she knew how babies are conceived so she should not be surprised by biology... but if she can unilaterally decide to have or not have it, why cant the man? unless her life is threatened, the father should have as much control over the baby

i'm not against child support or abortion, i just dont like how the argument is made for it...

Old 02-08-2016, 09:53 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
so why cant the man choose to keep the baby against the woman's wishes? force her to carry it through, but he will raise it. But since it is her baby as well, she should be forced to assist financially? sure her carrying baby for nine months is more of an impact to the woman, life isnt fair and she knew how babies are conceived so she should not be surprised by biology... but if she can unilaterally decide to have or not have it, why cant the man? unless her life is threatened, the father should have as much control over the baby

i'm not against child support or abortion, i just dont like how the argument is made for it...
Simply because the fetus is INSIDE HER BODY and she takes all the risks.
Yes more of an impact. I will assume you have never been pregnant or given birth. In addition to the obvious and unforeseen physical risks and temporary and permanent changes to a woman's body there are also financial pitfalls and just personal inconveniences. For these reasons it is her decision to make. The only affect if has on the "father" is a shared financial responsibility to support the child.

Do you feel anyone else should have the right to make medical decisions that will affect your physical and emotional health, potentially be fatal or cause other lifelong medical conditions, put you out of work, make you lose your job, change your body permanently?

You said yourself life isnt fair, men know how babies are conceived and should know the biology so they shouldn't have any difficulty understanding it is she who incubates and takes the risk to bring a baby into the world. All he does is make deposit. The one shouldering the responsibility, doing the work and taking the risk = the one to make the decision. Kind of like how men have always believed because they are the breadwinners they should have the final say in major decision making.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates