Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 09:02 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
I think that's the course that simply involves watching every Clint Eastwood movie ever made.

It is truly astonishing - though perhaps it shouldn't be - how many people think Hollywood realistically depicts the use of firearms. I have no problem with Hollywood depictions, because I understand the nature of fiction and drama. But, jeez, people should know better.
I like a good action movie, but the capabilities that Hollywood gives firearms does annoy me. Cars gas tanks exploding from shotgun blasts, so called "cop killer" bullets , in a 9mm handgun going through loader buckets and a plethora of other total BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2016, 09:11 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,248,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Well would you?

If someone broke into your home and had a gun and there was NO doubt that they were going to kill your family, would you take their life? Or walking down a street & someone pulled a gun on you & yours. Would you fight for your own life?

I ask this because I see so many here who are against the death penalty and who are pro-life. I have to wonder if they would just stand by and let their family be killed or defend them. I'm not tying to be a troll I just have to wonder at what point they believe that taking a life is okay.

This is a simple answer for me.

Yes.

the problem with our society is all that people do is set an alarm security system that notifies the authorities about a break in. i installed high voltage shock panels throughout my home on the main floor, which can only be activated from my bedroom via security cameras. if someone breaks in, it notifies me.. and i turn it on. basically every 4 feet they travel on the main floor, they will be electrocuted.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:36 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,473,825 times
I would absolutely pull the trigger on anyone who was trying to take my life or anyone elses life.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:58 PM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlJohnsons View Post
the problem with our society is all that people do is set an alarm security system that notifies the authorities about a break in. i installed high voltage shock panels throughout my home on the main floor, which can only be activated from my bedroom via security cameras. if someone breaks in, it notifies me.. and i turn it on. basically every 4 feet they travel on the main floor, they will be electrocuted.
That sounds unlikely. You need a complete circuit, and while a plate in the floor might be one pole, what are they touching as the other pole as they walk through the room? And, what, you have no home circuit breaker?

Old 04-27-2016, 12:49 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlJohnsons View Post

Better hope that it kills them if not your likely to be sued.

Old 04-27-2016, 01:19 AM

Quote:
A gung ho DA could get murder 1 with special circumstances of laying in wait.

Old 04-27-2016, 03:24 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,757,385 times
When I was younger I used to think I never could, as you get older and wiser you have to realize you need to do what you need to do to take care of yourself and your family.

Old 04-27-2016, 05:22 AM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
A gung ho DA could get murder 1 with special circumstances of laying in wait.
A one and a two...

Old 04-27-2016, 05:27 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
It would be hard to pull the trigger on another person, but, if push came to shove, I would do it in a heartbeat. I don't even hunt animals, nor could I harm an animal, but if someone was Hellbent on harming me or mine, I would definitely choose us over them.

Don

Old 04-27-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
It would be hard to pull the trigger on another person, but, if push came to shove, I would do it in a heartbeat. I don't even hunt animals, nor could I harm an animal, but if someone was Hellbent on harming me or mine, I would definitely choose us over them.

Don
I would kill or die to defend those I love. There's no question, and I have softened up a lot since my youth. I totally ignore things now that I would have exploded on a guy for back in the day. on the other hand, personal experiences have hardened and left me totally pity less, for certain classes of criminals. Rapists, gang bangers(and wannabes) those who prey on the helpless, , in general, will receive no mercy from me, should our trails cross. Nor will I lose a moments sleep should I need to hasten their passing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates