Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 02:34 AM

105 posts, read 118,955 times

Advertisements

I am talking about the likes of Lyndon B Johnson, George W Bush, Nixon etc. these are all men that knew full well everything they were spouting was BS and either sent men to die for no reason or abused their powers in the worst possible ways. Do you think they deserved to be tried and executed for treason for them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 03:58 AM

146 posts, read 174,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoznots View Post
I am talking about the likes of Lyndon B Johnson, George W Bush, Nixon etc. these are all men that knew full well everything they were spouting was BS and either sent men to die for no reason or abused their powers in the worst possible ways. Do you think they deserved to be tried and executed for treason for them?
Do you really expect most (NOT ALL BUT MOST) Americans to resist against authority? Yea... good luck on that one.

Essentially what I'm saying is that they do deserve to be tried but whose going to do this?

Old 05-28-2016, 10:38 AM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Very little was done by these men ALONE. In almost all cases they had the direct or implied consent of Congress.

Moderator cut: Address the position, not the poster

Last edited by Jeo123; 06-02-2016 at 10:49 AM..

Old 05-28-2016, 10:42 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,740,196 times
Quote:
All used either the war powers act or congressional acts.

Granted, not declarations of war, but that's just further evidence the constitution is not followed.

Basically they had auth.

Why not throw Kennedy in your list? He started the Vietnam experience.

Old 05-28-2016, 10:43 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,906,574 times
Politics and elections have consequences. This idea seems like one more way to absolve the sheeple of their dumb decisions.

Old 05-28-2016, 01:22 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:

how about bill clinton or obama? clinton for the murder of American citizens at Waco Texas, and obama for the murder of American citizens at benghazi.

Old 06-02-2016, 08:37 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
Quote:
Yes...they absolutely should be tried and executed for treason.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of constitution, so the second will not become a legalized version of the first"...Thomas Jefferson
Too bad we didn't heed his warning.

Old 06-02-2016, 09:08 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,986,609 times
Quote:
You and the rest of America voted on your branches of government to represent your wishes and feelings. Politicians are and will always be about money, power, and influence. They pretend to be public servants simply to gratify their own needs, the same is true about you when you go on a job interview. Don't you try to put your best self forward? Even if it means fudging a little?

Who would you appoint to judge these men on your list? Another politician? An elected judge? The FBI? I don't see the government (as fractured as it is) turning on itself. A federal employee of one department is the same as a federal employee of another department. When there's an agreement between departments along party lines, you're not going to be able to find enough dissent to hold people accountable.

You're looking at the wrong villain anyways. The PRESS is who really truly dictates who gets elected, why a war is started, and why you feel the way about a certain political party or person.

Freedom of the press was written into our constitution because the press used to play an important role of providing the truth to the masses. As an oversight committee. Now they are used to decide elections, brainwash the minions, start (or end) wars and other crises, and drive a wedge into the minds of everyone on earth with a radio, TV, computer, etc. Why? Because they have shareholders to pay and drama sells. Nothing will ever change until the press's power is limited. Not freedom of speech, but the freedom to sway elections....

If you want to start sending folks to the gas chamber, how about start with the Los Zetas and Sinaloas as their crimes against Americans go way deeper than what one man at the top of our multi-trillion dollar federal disaster can ever do.

If you don't like our voting system then change it. If you don't vote then you don't have a right to persecute those at the top. If you don't like how things are run, do it better, or move elsewhere. I hear Venezuela is nice this time of year, they'd be tickled to have an expatriate with a pocket full of American dollars.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:14 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Yes...they absolutely should be tried and executed for treason.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of constitution, so the second will not become a legalized version of the first"...Thomas Jefferson
Too bad we didn't heed his warning.

then clinton, fdr and obama should suffer the same fate as the presidents that are listed by the OP for the same offenses once they have left office.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:56 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,081,779 times
My favorite candidate for trial on treason charges would be Hank Paulson. What he did to this Country in order to save his firm, Goldman Sachs, is beyond heinous.

Here we are nearly a decade later and our economy if still floundering due to his policies and practices. Taking taxpayer money through programs like TARP and the subsequent Quantitative Easing has put the Country in a lose/lose position from which there is no way out. Federal Debt is at levels from which we can never recover, but his precious firm took their billions and never even said thank you.

Immoral, unethical, and likely illegal. I would certainly like to have Paulson tried on treason charges for what he did to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates